Service Manager/Early Childhood Teacher – starting Term 1 2024
Lady Gowrie QLD is a leader in ECEC, sponsoring a range of Early Childhood Education and Care services. We are a not-for-profit organisation with a strong heritage in early childhood education in Queensland and Australia. We value excellence, inclusion, engagement and integrity in our work with children, families and communities and supporting a professional and capable staff team.
About the role:
Our Lady Gowrie Mango Hill Community Kindergarten has a rare opportunity to join the team. Under a revised operating model, we are seeking to fill two leadership roles at the kindergarten.
We are seeking applicants for the role of Early Childhood Teacher/Director to lead one group, and Early Childhood Teacher/Educational Leader to lead the other group. Both groups operate a 6 hour per day, 5 day fortnight program with the Wednesday being the alternate program day. Additional noncontact time is provided on another work day to fulfill the requirements of the role/s.
This is a stand alone community kindergarten and is co-located on the Mango Hill State School site. The service has a wonderful relationship with the school and is highly valued within the Mango Hill and North Lakes community.
The positions are to start ready for Term 1 January 2024.
What we can offer you:
- Be part of a strong and successful kindergarten
- Attractive wages as per our Lady Gowrie Queensland Community Kindergarten Enterprise Agreement
- Ongoing professional development, and support from an experienced leadership team
- Fully funded Blue Card and First Aid/CPR including Asthma and Anaphylaxis
- Discounted childcare fees for permanent employees
- Annual Wellbeing and Service Anniversary Day (in addition to your leave entitlements!)
- Access to Employee Assistance Programs to support ongoing staff Wellbeing
The successful applicants will have:
- Completed Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood or equivalent (recognised by ACECQA as an early childhood teaching qualification.
- Registration with Queensland College of Teachers preferred or pathway to registration can be discussed with preferred applicant.
- Prior teaching in the early years or prep setting and experience as a Service Manager/ Responsible Person/ Nominated
- Supervisor/ Senior Leadership Position in an early childhood setting are essential.
- Demonstrated leadership ability including staff performance appraisal and management.
- Ability to plan and implement a quality, educational and child centred program.
- Is passionate and innovated in pedagogy and practice.
- Capability of meeting the needs of individual children and the group.
- Understanding of the Queensland Kindergarten Learning Guidelines, Early Years Learning Framework, and National Quality Framework.
- Hold a current Blue Card/Exemption Card.
- Hold current first aid/CPR including asthma and anaphylaxis.
If this sounds like the position for you, make your move and apply now through SEEK!
We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, and people from all backgrounds, abilities and identities.
If you have questions about the role or working hours, please contact email@example.com.
We thank all candidates for their applications, however only those successful will be contacted for an interview.