Part Time Inclusion Support Educator
Staverton Kindergarten has been providing high-quality early childhood education for more than 75 years and offers an enriching learning environment for children. Staverton is a not-for-profit, double unit centre affiliated with The Gowrie (QLD) Inc.
The kindy is seeking a suitably qualified Kindergarten Inclusion Support Educator working Monday, Tuesday, alternate Wednesday for four hours each day.
The position will commence on Monday 17th January 2022 and will finish on Friday 9th December 2022.
Position responsibilities include:
- Assist a child with additional needs in inclusion and learning.
- Assist the teacher to implement a stimulating, learning rich program for young children.
- Assist the children to access all parts of the environment and routine.
- Liaise with parents and encourage a partnership of learning and community.
- Writing a weekly review of child’s progress and programming.
- Minimum Certificate III in Early Childhood Education & Care and have some experience in early childhood settings.
- Current Blue Card (Paid Employee).
- Current Certificate in Provide an Emergency First Aid Response in an Education & Care Setting – HLTAID004 or must be willing to obtain prior to commencement of position.
- A caring, kind personality and dedication to caring for children.
- An ability to work cooperatively in a team environment.
- Child Protection Training would be advantageous.
To apply please email your resume, covering letter and the names of two referees to the attention of the Nominated Supervisor to both email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications close Wednesday 1st December 2021. Interviews will be conducted as soon as possible.