Inclusion Support Educator
Ashgrove Memorial Kindergarten is a not for profit community kindergarten (affiliated with Lady Gowrie Qld). Our children learn and play in our large natural outdoor classroom and in our richly resourced air conditioned classrooms. The service is committed to creating a safe and supportive environment for children.
The role is a Casual contract position until 9 December 2022, with a possibility of extension. Working days are Thursday and Friday and alternate Wednesday.
The successful educator will have passion and dedication for early childhood education within the learning environment. As the Inclusion Support Educator, you would be required to assist with the whole group, however there is a large elememt of one-on-one care required for children with additional needs in this position.
You must have previous experience in a similar role. We are looking for an Educator who is energetic, passionate and who has dedication for early education and care and have exceptional skills to build relationships with families and children.
- Be part of a strong and successful kindergarten
- Wages as per Kindergarten Enterprise Agreement
- Ongoing professional development, and support from an experienced leadership team
You will have:
- Cert III Early Childhood Education and Care or higher
- Previous experience in a similar role assisting children with additional needs
- Current first aid/CPR including asthma and anaphylaxis
- Previous experience working with the 3-5 age group is desirable
- Understanding of your duties as an Educator and be a team player
- Passion for creating and delivering a similuating learning environment
- An understanding of the provision of a safe, well planned indoor and outdoor learning environment
- Awareness of the National Quality Framework, and Queensland Kindergarten guidelines
- Skilled with documentating observations of children’s behaviour and development, in the form of learning stories
- An ability to implement a planned program, in collaboration with the Teacher ensuring the needs of individual children and the group are met.
Ashgrove Memorial Kindergarten is committed to an inclusive workforce and we strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and people from culturally-diverse background
Please be aware that the Queensland Government’s COVID-19 Vaccination Requirements for Workers in a high-risk setting Direction requires all workers who enter, work in, or provide services in an early childhood education and care setting to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. This Direction applies to Ashgrove Memorial Kindergarten.
Applications in response to the key criteria and a resume including details of your experience and qualifications to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone (07) 3257 2667 for further information.
We thank all candidates for their applications, however only those successful will be contacted for an interview.