Inclusion Support Assistant
Upper Mount Gravatt Kindergarten has an opportunity for an experienced and qualified Inclusion Support Assistant to join their team for the 2022 year.
This position will be casual but would require you to work Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday commencing the week of 24th January. (9:30-2:30 Monday, Tuesday and alternate Wednesdays and 3 hours every second Wednesday). Please note, these hours are subject to review throughout the year and could be reduced or changed depending on the needs of the classroom.
About Our Kindergarten:
Upper Mount Gravatt Kindergarten is a not-for-profit community Kindergarten, affiliated with Lady Gowrie which has been providing a play based early childhood program for nearly 60 years. Operated by a parent committee, Upper Mount Gravatt Kindergarten operates as a double-unit service, catering for Kindergarten children from 3 years to school entry.
Here at Upper Mount Gravatt Kindergarten, we are recognised for inclusion support and are a multicultural Kindy catering to the needs of the community. We are very lucky to have a natural outdoor area that provides children with an outlet to explore, be adventurous and engage in motor development experiences. We utilise the nearby bush reserve for Bush Kindy excursions.
We have a team of dedicated, friendly and qualified staff who encourage play-based learning using the Early Years Framework and Queensland Kindergarten Learning Guidelines ensuring that children have a great start in their education.
As the inclusion support assistant, you will be required to assist with the whole group, however there is a large element of one on one care required in this position as well. The successful applicant must be able to
- Actively contribute to the education program
- Engage and supervise the children at all times
- Support and guide children’s behaviour in positive ways.
- Maintain a safe environment for children, families and team members
- Build and maintain strong, positive relationships with children and families
- Comply with National Quality Standards and Kindergarten policies and procedures
- Support a culture of reflective practice and ongoing continuous improvement
- Help support and assist children with additional needs
About you/ Key Criteria:
• For this position we are looking for a person who is passionate about early childhood educationand inclusion. The successful candidate should be able to demonstrate good communicationand ability to develop strong connections with the local community, families, children and colleagues. You will be well versed in your understanding of the EYLF and QKLG. The successful candidate will be passionate about play-based learning and have a sound knowledge and understanding of contemporary early childhood development. You will be committed to ongoing professional development and a demonstrated capacity to work alongside colleagues to continually improve and refine teaching and learning practices.
We are looking for an applicant who has:
- Approved Early Childhood Certificate III in Children’s Services (or equivalent qualification).
- Hold a current Blue Card or ability to obtain a Blue Card.
- Current First Aid/ CPR including Asthma and Anaphylaxis.
- Experience working with children and families from diverse cultural backgrounds.
- Previous experience in a similar role assisting children with additional needs.
If you are interested in joining our kindergarten and have the relevant qualifications and skills, please forward your resume and a cover letter (no more than 2 pages) to Upper Mount Gravatt Kindergarten via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will be interviewing suitable applicants as applications are received so please do not delay in applying.