Contact Information(07) 3857 5508 email@example.com
26 Rhodes Street, Stafford QLD 4053https://www.emilyfoordkindergarten.com.au/
Today - 8:30 am to 4:00 pm
Mon - 8:30 am to 4:00 pm
Tue - 8:30 am to 4:00 pm
Wed - 8:30 am to 2:30 pm
Thu - 8:30 am to 4:00 pm
Fri - 8:30 am to 4:00 pm
Sat - Closed
Sun - Closed
About the centre
- A kindergarten where relationships between children staff and families are foundational to all that is done.
- A place where children are acknowledged as active and competent learners who learn best through thoughtful and purposeful play.
- A place where children are encouraged to have control and ownership over their learning ideas and directions.
- Somewhere interactions are respectful, nurturing and reciprocal.
- Somewhere the individuality of each child and family is celebrated regardless of race, creed, gender, disability, class or culture.
- A place where children are growing in their understanding and respect of indigenous Australians and all cultures of the world.
- A program that is based on current best practice in early childhood which is guided by the Early Years Learning Framework and the Queensland Kindergarten Guidelines.
- A place where nature play and outdoor education is central to program delivery.
- An environment that is expansive, with trees to climb, real grass to run on and water courses to explore.
- A kindergarten staff that strive daily to strengthen children’s understanding and appreciation of the natural world.
- A place where children are supported to become environmentally responsible and show respect for the outdoors by recycling, minimising waste and playing an active role towards a sustainable future.
- Classrooms that are newly refurbished, air-conditioned and beautifully maintained.
- Somewhere open ended resources are available inside and outside for children to freely access.
- A well-established and resourced centre that has been skilfully designed by the expertise of families, staff and communities for 60 years.
- An early childhood service where parents and teachers work in partnership to provide children with the best possible early childhood education.
- Somewhere partnerships are actively built and parents feel valued as the most important teacher in their child’s life.
- A kindergarten where staff wellbeing is valued and care is taken to acknowledge appreciate and maintain long term staff.
- A kindergarten where many staff have been present for over 20 years but have kept abreast of and are implementing current best practice in early childhood education.
- A kindergarten that has healthy reciprocal relationships with its local community.
- A kindergarten that shares a boundary with Kedron Brook parkland and children regularly participate in nature walks and exploration of an amazing natural environment rich in flora and fauna.
- A kindergarten that has been rated Exceeding in all 7 quality areas of the National Quality Standard by the Department of Education and Training.
- Somewhere all stakeholders seek to imagine how the service can continue to evolve to better serve the needs of our children and our families.
Imagine Emily Foord Kindergarten.