Contact Information(07) 3269 8126 firstname.lastname@example.org
221 Barrett Street, Bracken Ridge QLD 4017http://www.brackenridgekindergarten.org.au/
Today - Closed
Mon - 8:40 am to 2:50 pm
Tue - 8:40 am to 2:50 pm
Wed - 8:40 am to 2:50 pm
Thu - 8:40 am to 2:50 pm
Fri - 8:40 am to 2:50 pm
Sat - Closed
Sun - Closed
About the centre
Bracken Ridge Kindergarten was established in 1976 and has been nurturing and educating pre-school aged children in the local community for over 40 years. We were one of the first Kindergartens in the local area to be assessed under the National Quality Standards where we achieved a rating of Exceeding National Quality Standard.
Our amazing playground allows children the opportunity to run and explore. Mature stately trees, abundant bird life and cooling summer breezes are just some of the delights at our kindergarten.
Children in our kindergarten can access resources and experiences that build shared understandings of Australia’s First Peoples and reflect cultures in our community. We have materials and resources that enhance learning, challenge skills and stimulate creative thinking, self -expression and problem solving.
One group of 22 kindergarten aged children attends our Centre each day. Our Green Group attends kindy each Monday, Tuesday and alternate Wednesday. Our Gold group attends alternate Wednesdays and each Thursday and Friday.
Play based learning:
- Provides opportunities for children to learn as they discover, create, improvise, test theories and imagine.
- Promotes positive learning dispositions, such as curiosity and creativity.
- Enables expression of personality and uniqueness.
- Assists children to develop relationships and concepts.
- Enables children to make connections between prior experience and new learning.
- Supports a sense of wellbeing and promotes a valuing of diversity.
Families and Community
Rich partnerships with families and our local community enhances children’s learning and wellbeing:
- The expertise, culture, values and beliefs of families are respected and families share in decision-making about their child’s learning and wellbeing.
- Parents are involved in all facets of decision-making in a Community Kindergarten. Parents actively participate in our Centre’s management committee and ensure continued effective leadership and management.
- Parents, Grandparents and Caregivers work with the staff to ensure great opportunities for children and a safe and healthy environment.
- Connections with our local community provide rich experiences for the children at our Centre and encourages each child to develop their identity within the context of their local community.
- Aboriginal Elder, Uncle Joe, shares his knowledge of Country with children and adults alike.
All our Educators have Early Childhood qualifications and a wealth of experience in caring for and nurturing young children. We have responsive and qualified educators who develop positive and trusting relationships with children and families.
Why not visit our Kindergarten, see our program in action and view our facilities for yourself.
We’ve cared for and educated a whole generation of young children.
BRACKEN RIDGE KINDERGARTEN … a place where you child will explore, learn and play, every day.
Children explore, learn and play every day.
On any day as you walk down Barrett Street, you will hear and see contented children pretend, run and play in our shaded, grassy playground. Cooling summer breezes and abundant bird life make our setting very enticing. As you walk up our path, you will hear and see children busily sharing ideas and actively engaged in their play.
Bracken Ridge Kindergarten is a not-for-profit, Community Kindergarten and a wonderful place for your children to feel safe and secure as they grow, develop and prepare for school.
We respectfully acknowledge the traditional owners past and present whose land we live, walk and work on.