Maternity Leave Contract available now until June 2025. Interviews will commence shortly, please submit your cover letter and resume at your earliest convenience.
About Campus Kindergarten
Campus Kindergarten is a community based, not-for-profit organisation that operates an early childhood education and care (ECEC) long day care service, operating from 7:50am to 5:30pm Monday to Friday. With 3 rooms and 65 licensed places Campus Kindy operate with additional staff to ratio supporting quality program and practice.
Established in 1971 and highly regarded within the community, Campus Kindy is located on the grounds of the University of Queensland. Campus Kindy is known for its high-quality programs and beautiful surroundings, giving a homely feeling to all. All programs are delivered by Bachelor qualified teachers and 2 rooms deliver an Approved Kindergarten program.
About the Role
We are seeking a passionate and professional leader who can drive and empower a dedicated team of like-minded educators and teachers.
Work Type: Full Time or Part Time (Non-Contact) – Maternity Leave contract with possibility of further contracts
Reports To: Campus Kindergarten Board of Management
Diploma or Bachelor of Education (Early Childhood) or equivalent;
First Aid Certificate; CPR Certificate; Asthma and Anaphylaxis certificated; Current Suitability Card and capacity to operate as Nominated Supervisor.
Experience, Knowledge and Skills (Selection Criteria):
Qualifications as noted above
5+ years teaching experience in kindergarten or LDC settings
Previous operations management experience in a kindergarten or child care setting
Proven track record in effectively managing Kindy/LDC operations including financials, facilities, safety and regulatory compliance
Strong working knowledge of the Queensland Kindergarten Guidelines, Early Years Learning Framework and experience in implementing the National Quality Standards
Highly developed written and verbal communication skills including the ability to develop strong relationships with key stakeholders including parents, staff and children
Ability to contribute to building and leading a professional and diverse team
Experience with Storypark and XAP (highly desirable)
Leadership and Governance
- Engage in regular dialogue with the Board on key aspects of Centre operations including education strategy, financial performance, safety and compliance, parent and carer feedback, incident reporting
- Development of strong trusting relationships between children, families, board, and staff.
- Proactively develop strategic relationships with key stakeholders including the University of Queensland, Gowrie (QLD)
- Facilitate and be an active participant in the centre’s calendar schedule including monthly staff meetings, board meetings, parent meetings, orientation days, information nights, annual general meetings, end of year celebrations, and other key events.
- Provide regular reports, including staffing, occupancy and child attendance reports to Board to assist budget monitoring and maintenance.
Financial Management and Service Administration
- Oversee and monitor the centre budget and report monthly on status to the Board.
- Develop, implement and regularly review staff rosters to support high quality, staff equity and cost effective service provision.
Safety and Compliance
- Ensure that all statutory requirements with respect to the service are being met or exceeded (e.g., National Quality Framework, Approved Kindergarten Program Provider, funding agreements, and other relevant legislation and regulations)
Human Resource Management
- Contribute to the setting of annual professional development priorities for the Kindy teaching team and working with individual reports to identify individual professional development goals and plans.
- Oversee all teaching room staff recruitment and selection (with assistance from experienced teachers and / or Educational Leader)
- Oversee daily roster and replacement of staff as necessary
Enquiries can be directed to Liz Barrett at email@example.com
Campus Kindergarten is committed to building an inclusive team. The advertising date is for this role is indicative only, Campus Kindergarten reserves the right to finalise the recruitment before the date is reached. You are encouraged to submit your application as soon as possible.