We are a not for-profit organisation with a strong heritage in early childhood education in Queensland and Australia.
The Brisbane Lady Gowrie Child Centre was established in 1940 as a demonstration centre for excellence in early childhood education and care, by Lady Gowrie, the wife of the Governor General at the time.
Since then Lady Gowrie’s early childhood education and care (ECEC) services have grown to provide universal programs for families with children aged 6 weeks to 12 years. Currently we provide services to more than 3000 families and children through 98 services statewide; either owned, operated or affiliated with Lady Gowrie.
Lady Gowrie is committed to delivering client-focused early childhood and parent support services in Queensland, and driving excellence and innovation in early years service delivery.
The Lady Gowrie name in Queensland is synonymous with high quality and affordable early childhood services that promote a sense of emotional well being and social and cultural awareness for children, while supporting parents and enabling greater workforce participation.
Our services include:
- Long Day Care
- Parent Toddlers Group and The Gowrie Threes program
- Sessional and Long Hours Kindergarten programs
- The Caboolture Early Years Centre
- Integrated Early Services in Barcaldine and Blackall
- Outside School Hours Care
- Gowrie Training and Consultancy
- Lady Gowrie Community Kindergartens – Affiliated Community Kindergartens.
Promoting the best outcomes for children