Start date: January 2022
About the Role:
- Part Time Teacher / Educational Leader role
- 12 month contract (with possibility of extension)
- 41 hours per fortnight commencing in January 2022
- Opportunity to join a community-based Kindergarten, with two groups of 20 children
About The Range Community Kindergarten
The Range Community Kindergarten is an integral component of the local (Mapleton) and wider communities, providing a quality early childhood program for over 35 years. We pride ourselves on the strong partnerships we have formed with families in the area and work to incorporate these rela0onships into all facets of the service. Our service is not-for-proﬁt and parent managed – a true Community Kindergarten.
An Aﬃliate Member of Lady Gowrie Qld, The Range Community Kindergarten provides high quality educational experiences through the implementation of the Early Years Learning Framework (EYLF) and the Queensland Kindergarten Learning Guidelines (QKLG). Children are supported to express themselves freely as they learn, grow and develop at their own pace through play and hands on experiences, within a safe environment.
You are passionate about early childhood education and proactive in building meaningful relationships with those around you. You demonstrate a hands-on approach to managing the operational aspects of the service, whilst being approachable, demonstrating leadership qualities and having the ability to connect with the local community, families, children and colleagues.
As the Teacher/ Educational Leader, you are committed to monitoring, documenting and extending children’s learning and development, working closely with fellow Educators to model and use a variety of teaching strategies, including intentional teaching and reﬂective practice.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
The ideal applicant will have the following key skills and experience:
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability in building strong, trusting, professional relationships with families, children and community stakeholders.
- Demonstrated experience in planning and delivering a high quality, play based, child centred, early childhood educational program.
- Dedication to age-appropriate pedagogy, with a passion for the philosophy of learning through play, outdoor education, sustainability and reconciliation.
- Strong working knowledge of the National Quality Framework, Early Years Learning Framework and Queensland Kindergarten Learning Guidelines.
- A commitment to best practice, continuous improvement and ongoing professional development.
- Experience in a community kindergarten, working in collaboration with the Executive Committee
- Bachelor of Education (Early Childhood), or equivalent with ACECQA approval
- Current registration with the Queensland College of Teachers
- Current Blue Card, or Exemption Card for Registered Teachers
- Current Senior First Aid, including Asthma and Anaphylaxis training
For further information please contact us via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please attach your current CV, references and a cover letter detailing your suitability for the role. We look forward to hearing from you.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE: 15th October 2021