Service Manager / Teacher / Educational Leader
Have you experienced the difference of working in a community-based not for-profit early childhood education and care service?
The Gowrie Queensland is a leader in ECEC, sponsoring a diverse range of early childhood education and care services. This includes child centres and kindergarten programs, and an integrated child and family support service.
We are currently seeking a dedicated, passionate, qualified Early Childhood Professional to undertake the part time role at the Lady Gowrie Currimundi Kindergarten Service. The Service is Community based and has been serving the children & families of Currimundi and surrounding area for over 30 years. A rare opportunity now exists for an experienced and passionate Early Childhood professional to join the Service and broader Lady Gowrie Team.
The Service has an inspiring environment inside and out, is very well resourced and operates a dynamic, nurturing play based program for Kindy aged children. The Service has a strong focus on supporting natural outdoor play and sustainability.
The role of Service Manager / Teacher / Educational Leader will require you to provide a quality educational program for the children and families in supporting positive outcomes for each individual child. The Service provides a program for two groups of children, 2 days and 3 days a week and is an Approved Kindergarten Program Provider.
As Service Manager the successful applicant will be the Responsible Person at the Service, when in attendance and manage the day to day operations of the Service, in conjunction with the Chief Executive Officer. The successful applicant will undertake the role of Educational Leader at the Service, supporting the Service team in ongoing review and discussion of current pedagogical practices. Lady Gowrie QLD is committed to the ongoing professional development of all staff.
This is a part time position with the hours of work being performed across 6 days a fortnight, (50 hours a fortnight). 5 days teaching, 1 day non-contact time and 5 hours working from home.
The ideal applicant will have previous experience in a similar role and the following key skills:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrated excellence in forming on-going professional relationships with families and stakeholders from the Service Community.
- Demonstrated ability to provide and document a high quality, play based early childhood program.
- A commitment to best practice.
- A current understanding of National Quality Framework, Early Childhood Education and Care Legislation and the Assessment and Rating Process.
- Working knowledge of the Early Years Learning Framework and the Queensland Kindergarten Learning Guideline.
- Demonstrated leadership skills, mentoring of staff and collaboration with colleagues from the ECEC Sector.
- A commitment to ongoing professional learning and personal growth.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, demonstrate initiative and make decisions. (The position is well supported by staff from Lady Gowrie, the successful applicant will work autonomously in regards to the direct implementation of the daily program).
The following Qualifications are essential:
- Approved Early Childhood Teacher qualification (must meet ACECQA and QKFS requirements)
- Queensland College of Teachers Registration
- Current Suitability Card or Exemption Card for Registered Teachers
- Current Senior First Aid including Asthma and Anaphylaxis training
The position commences 17th January 2022 and further arrangements regarding the role and opportunities to meet with children and families will be discussed with the successful applicant on appointment.
Benefits of working at The Gowrie include: attractive salary, a family-friendly work environment; and access to a range of professional development opportunities.
Join the dynamic team at The Gowrie and enhance your career opportunities.
Please email resumes to HR@ladygowrie.com.au or telephone (07) 3257 2667 for further information.
We thank all candidates for their applications, however only those successful will be contacted for an interview.
Applications close on 21st January 2022.