Are you a teacher with a nurturing heart and passion for high quality early childhood practices?
Is your professional forte effectively managing a child-led kindy program to include positive educational outcomes across all learning areas?
Are you flexible, creative, and positive? Do you encourage children’s problem solving, brainstorming, decision making, research, cooperation, kindness and empathy for others?
If this sounds like you, then we need to talk!!
A 2024 opportunity has become available for a dedicated Teacher to join our Lawnton Kindergarten team, initially as a contract with the possibility of a permanent position for the right person. The role is part-time: 5 days per fortnight on alternate Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays.
About Lawnton Kindergarten:
Lawnton Kindergarten is a not-for-profit, double unit sessional community kindergarten, affiliated with Lady Gowrie Qld and has a reputation in the community for the high-quality programs we deliver to children 3-5 years of age. We are rated ‘Exceeding’ in each of the seven quality areas of the National Quality Standards. The kindergarten has a friendly, professional and collaborative working environment, with experienced teachers and supporting staff who are committed to providing a safe, sensitive, and supportive early educational experience of the highest quality.
About the role:
The successful Teacher will:
- Have the skills and experience necessary to develop and deliver a high-quality, child-led kindergarten program to children aged 3-5 years, using the Queensland Kindergarten Guidelines and Early Years Learning Framework.
- Be registered with Queensland College of Teachers.
- Have exceptional communication skills, including the ability to build positive relationships with families, children, co-workers, committee members and our community.
- Possess a comprehensive knowledge of the Queensland Kindergarten Guideline, Early Years Learning Framework, and the National Quality Standards.
- Possess the necessary skills to effectively manage administration tasks required for their kindergarten program, including communication, record keeping, and program documentation.
- Be competent with use of technology in daily programming, feedback and observations to families. Experience with Storypark or similar application, or ability to learn with training, is required.
- Be required to demonstrate their understanding of the duties and role of Kindergarten Teacher and their ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- Be required to demonstrate their knowledge of how to effectively plan indoor and outdoor learning environments, that provide optimal and safe opportunities for learning.
- Be able to work closely with the Assistant in delivery of a child-led kindergarten program.
- Be able to self-manage and meet timelines.
- Be required to demonstrate their initiative and innovation.
- Be passionate about early childhood education in a community-based learning environment, with a willingness to be involved with special kindy events and promote the service in the community.
- Be required to work 37.5 hours per fortnight, including Thursdays and Fridays weekly, and one Wednesdays per fortnight.
- Have a dedication to furthering their own learning as an early childhood professional.
- Be willing to undertake a police background check.
- Have a minimum 3 years’ experience in a similar role with Lady Gowrie or C&K Kindergartens (preferred).
- Minimum four-year qualification in Early Childhood Education, or equivalent NQF approved qualification that meets Approved Kindergarten Program Provider Teacher Recognition requirements.
- Current Blue Card or Exemption (Queensland Working with Children Check)
- Current First Aid certificate, including CPR, asthma & anaphylaxis
- Current Child Protection, Fire, and WHS training
Please email your application to email@example.com, including cover letter and resume. Provide an outline of your qualifications and experience and include the contact details of at least 2 professional referees.
Please direct any questions to Belinda on (07) 3285 2685 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications Close Sunday 26th November 2023.