Outside Hours Care Educator – Kindergarten
$25 – $34.99 per hour plus super
About the business
Bardon Community Kindy is a non-profit community organisation that has had an important presence in the Bardon Community for over 70 years. We have two units that each week provide a place for living and learning for 88 children.
We are committed to providing genuine and quality early childhood education and care that is delivered by our team of highly qualified and dedicated staff. We offer a kindergarten program that is rated as exceeding the national quality standard for children aged 3.5 years to school age in the year prior to starting Prep.
We are situated in the heart of Bowman Park, along the banks of Ithaca Creek and our natural environment is a valued asset and focus within our program. Our children engage in authentic and emergent inquiry, work and play under the dappled light of our natural canopy.
Bardon Community Kindy are looking for a candidate who, at a minimum, has a Certificate III (preferably working towards a Diploma) in Early Childhood Education (or equivalent), and is:
- passionate about working with children within a community and relationships focused culture.
- seeking experience within a quality educational program.
- open to new learning and embracing the Bardon Community Kindy philosophy.
- dedicated, energetic, confident and displays initiative.
- looking to collaborate with a professional and supportive team.
To learn more about our Kindy please see our website – www.bardonkindy.com.au
About the role
Successful candidates will join our team and actively support continuity of learning within our Outside Hours Program, before and after our Kindergarten Program. The role offers on average 9 hours per week across the following shifts, with great potential for relief and further work opportunities:
- Before Care hours: 7:00am – 9:00am
- After Care hours (Mon – Wed): 2:30pm – 5:45pm
- After Care hours (Thurs – Fri) 3:30pm – 5:45pm
Key tasks and responsibilities:
- Working alongside staff and children to design and facilitate a play based OHC program.
- Support the broader Kindy program by assisting with safety sweeps and setting up equipment in the outdoor learning environment.
- Engage in a process of documentation and reflection related to learning within the OHC Program.
- Preparing and serving simple afternoon tea snack.
- Liaising with families and staff to ensure effective communication and continuity of care.
Benefits and perks
This role is perfect for anyone currently looking to expand their knowledge and experience within a quality community Kindergarten. The hours of work make it ideal for students currently studying their Diploma or Bachelor of Early Childhood Education.
Skills and experience
We are looking for a candidate that has previous experience working in early childhood education and is looking to further develop their skills and experience within a supportive working environment. Strength in interpersonal and communication skills is required.
Minimum Certificate III or Diploma in early childhood education (equivalent or working towards) required.
The following qualifications are also required to work in this role:
- Current Senior First Aid, Anaphylaxis and Asthma.
- Current working with children Bluecard
We would love to hear why you think you are the right person for Bardon Community Kindy.