Nominated Supervisor/Teacher Advertisement
We are seeking a fully qualified, highly skilled and passionate Nominated Supervisor/Teacher for our Community Kindergarten in Bracken Ridge, Brisbane. We are looking for a self-starter with creative vision who has had previous experience in the Kindergarten sector in a similar role.
Bracken Ridge Kindergarten is a not for profit community kindergarten (affiliated with Lady Gowrie Qld). Our children learn and play in our large natural outdoor classroom and in our richly resourced air-conditioned classroom. The service employs a small dedicated team who are committed to creating a safe and supportive environment for children.
This is a permanent, part-time position, 7.45am to 3.45pm on Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday. The teaching component of the role follows an alternating fortnightly structure with the other class group and teaching days for this role include every Thursday and Friday along with alternating Wednesdays. Contact teaching hours are 8:20am to 2:30pm.
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the Centre in line with legislative requirements, company policies and procedures
- Provide high quality leadership, mentoring and guidance to staff
- Ensure that high quality early learning programs are delivered by a passionate team of Educators
- Manage staffing rosters efficiently
- In consultation with the Management Committee, manage the financial requirements of the centre in line with budget guidelines
- Deliver consistent high-quality standards for centre presentation and work practices
- Build and maintain strong relationships with educators, families, children and the local business community
- Minimum four-year Qualification in Early Childhood Education that meets Nominated Supervisor legislative requirements
- Minimum three years’ experience in a similar role
- Registration with College of Teacher’s Registration preferable
- Current Working with Children Card and mandatory training requirements in First Aid and Child Protection
- Strong leadership and team management skills
- Highly developed written and verbal communication / presentation skills
- Ability to self-manage and meet timelines
- Demonstration of initiative and innovation
- Commitment to quality outputs and competent in information technology
- Knowledge of the Early Years Learning Framework, Queensland Kindergarten Learning Guideline and the National Quality Standards is essential
- General knowledge and/or the ability to rapidly acquire knowledge of relevant legislations
- Professional presentation and attire
If you are motivated to lead a team of creative professionals who are committed to educating children through an inspiring curriculum and inclusive workplace, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
In the subject line of your email please state: Centre Director/Nominated Supervisor Bracken Ridge
Applicants who do not meet the above criteria will not be contacted for an interview.