Kindergarten Teacher and Director
Join Our Kenmore Park Family as a Kindergarten Teacher and Director!
Are you a dedicated and passionate Early Years Teacher with a vision for shaping the future of our little learners? Look no further! Kenmore Park Preschool and Kindergarten is on the lookout for an exceptional Director/Teacher to lead our extraordinary Community Kindergarten into a bright and exciting future. If you are a creative visionary, an approachable leader, and a community enthusiast, we want you to be a part of our team!
- Commences January 2024
- Permanent Part Time – 30 hours per week
- Monday to Thursday – 7.5 hours a day (during school term times)
- You will teach our 3-day Kindy class Monday-Wednesday
- Thursday will be a non-contact Director admin day
- Salary/Package dependent upon experience and in line with our EBA
- Includes paid recess leave during term breaks
- Directors Allowance
About Kenmore Park:
Discover Kenmore Park, a cherished cornerstone of the Western Suburbs community for over half a century, proudly affiliated with Lady Gowrie QLD. We are not just a Community Kindergarten; we’re a warm-hearted, not-for-profit haven run by a dedicated volunteer Management Committee. With an unwavering commitment to excellence, our educational program for 3 to 5-year-olds shines in all seven quality areas, earning us an “Exceeding” rating.
As our Director/Teacher, you will wear many hats, delivering our innovative Kindergarten program while managing the Kindergarten as a whole. Your role will be pivotal in supporting our dedicated and long standing staff, nurturing relationships with families, and actively engaging with the community. Working closely with our Management Committee, you’ll ensure that all our services and activities align with the purpose, vision, and values of Kenmore Park.
What We’re Looking For:
We need someone exceptional – a leader who is not only organised and efficient, but also passionate about building strong relationships within our community. Your creativity will be your superpower as you navigate the educational landscape, and your hands-on approach will make you a cherished leader among our families, children, and employees.
Previous experience as a Director and Teacher in a Community Kindergarten will be highly regarded.
- Delivering an engaging and innovative Kindergarten program
- Managing the overall service, including financial management and ensuring continuous quality improvement
- Building strong relationships with staff, families, and the community
- Complying with relevant legislation, National Quality Standards, and contemporary research and practice
- Contributing to the development and implementation of workplace health and safety
What We Offer:
- A vibrant and supportive community of educators, families, and children
- Opportunities for professional growth and development
- A stimulating and creative work environment
- Competitive salary and benefits package
If you are ready to embark on a rewarding journey with us and play a crucial role in shaping the future of our young learners, then we invite you to apply! Join our Kenmore Park family and be a part of creating a rainbow of possibilities!
To be successful for this role you will need:
- Bachelor’s Degree in early childhood or equivalent (recognised by ACECQA as an early childhood teaching qualification)
- Current registration with the Queensland College of Teachers is desirable but not essential
- Knowledge of the NQF, NQS, regulations, law and the QKLG
- Current Paid or Exemption Blue Card
- Current First Aid, CPR and Asthma and Anaphylaxis
- An understanding of the provision of a safe, well-planned indoor and outdoor learning environment
- An ability to implement a planned program, ensuring the needs of individual children and the group are met
- Demonstrate experience managing, mentoring and supporting early childhood services/programs to deliver high quality outcomes
- Experience in building capable and engaged staff
- Ability to create strong trusting relationships between children, families and staff
- Evidence of sound professional experience that shows initiative, modelling of professional and ethical behaviour, commitment to personal development, and a deep sense of care for our team and kindergarten.
Applicants should send their current resume with cover letter and the details of two referees to Tarryn Schmidt at email@example.com by Friday 6/12/2023.
Kenmore Park is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and experiences. Come, be a guiding light in the lives of our little ones!