Full Time Director
Have you experienced the difference of working in a community-based not for-profit Early Childhood Education and Care service? Are you ready for a change and to take the next step in your professional Early Childhood career?
Emerald Preschool and Community Kindergarten is a not for profit, community Kindergarten offering the highest quality play based educational programme to children aged 3 to 5 years. Since our founding in 1955, we have offered emergent play based curriculum developed from the children’s interests, their natural talents and the values held by their families. Our brand new premise is modern and well resource for our children and staff.
We are currently seeking a dedicated, passionate and qualified Full time Director to join our Emerald Preschool and Community Kindergarten with an immediate start. In 2022 the role will be 5 days teaching and 5 days non-contact time per fortnight and in 2023 the role will change to a full time non-contact Director, but will be required to relieve staff when necessary. The Director is also responsible for the Educational Leader role for the service. The successful applicant will have qualities to lead a team of professionals and promote a collaborative work environment that ensures the provision of a quality education and care program.
The service is looking for someone who is an approachable leader amongst the community for families, children and employees; and a successful educator who has a hands-on approach in teaching as well as managing the service operationally.
Ideal applicants will have:
- Completed Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood or equivalent (recognised by ACECQA as an early childhood teaching qualification.
- Registration with the Queensland College of Teachers. This registration must be renewed annually.
- Prior teaching and experience as a Director in an early childhood setting is essential.
- Demonstrated leadership ability including staff performance appraisal and management.
- Ability to plan and implement a quality, educational and child centred program.
- Is passionate and innovated in pedagogy and practice.
- Capability of meeting the needs of Individual children and the group.
- Understanding of the Queensland Kindergarten learning Guidelines, Early Years Learning Framework and National Quality Framework.
- Hold a current Blue Card.
- Hold current first aid/CPR including asthma and anaphylaxis.
What we offer for permanent employees?
- Opportunity to work with within a highly reputable Community Kindergarten
- Well above Award Wages and Salary packaging opportunities
- Professional development opportunities
- First Aid training and support.
Emerald Preschool and Community Kindergarten is committed to inclusive workforce, and we strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strat Islander people and people from culturally diverse backgrounds.
Please be aware that the Queensland Government’s COVID-19 Vaccination Requirements for Workers in a high-risk setting Direction requires all workers who enter, work in, or provide services in an early childhood education and care setting to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. This Direction applies to Emerald Preschool and Community Kindergarten.
Please email resumes to HR@ladygowrie.com.au or telephone (07) 3252 2667 for further information.
Lady Gowrie Qld reserves the right to close the advertisement before the closing date is reached. The advertising closing date is indicative only. Therefore, it is encouraged that you submit your application as soon possible.