We provide a safe, respectful learning environment in which children play, and where individual differences and connections are supported. More information about our 3 unit kindergarten can be accessed at www.mpc.net.au
We are seeking an assistant teacher to join our team commencing in Term 1, 2022. The contract position is 3 days per week: Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. Employment will be as per the MPC Early Childhood Education Enterprise Agreement 2021.
- Minimum Cert III in Children’s Services; current First Aid Certificates and current Working with Children card.
- View children as active and capable partners in their learning experience and be able to listen and respond authentically with children.
- Build relationships with children, families and staff members and support them to make meaningful connections and a sense of belonging and place with the Mitchelton Pre-Schooling Centre community.
- An understanding of the National Quality Framework and Queensland Kindergarten Learning Guideline.
- Value and support collegial partnerships.
- Commitment to open and effective communication with children, parents and colleagues.
- A growth mind-set and commitment to professional development.
- Commitment to sustainability, diversity and inclusion.
The successful applicant would be joining a collaborative, energetic and supportive team who are committed to learning for all. Mentoring is a feature of MPC work culture and our highly experienced teachers and educators are willing to share, listen and learn from each other.
If you are keen to join our community based centre, please forward your resume, including details of your qualifications, experience and strengths to the Personnel Officer, Mitchelton Pre-Schooling Centre Inc, via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close on Friday 22nd October 2021