Memorial Park Community Kindy is currently seeking a suitably qualified Early Childhood Educator who is passionate and dedicated to fulfil a part time contract role for 2024 at our kindergarten located in Maroochydore.
About our Kindy
The Service is affiliated with Lady Gowrie and a rare opportunity has emerged for a confident and enthusiastic Early Childhood professional to join our diverse and devoted team of educators.
Our volunteer management committee are particularly interested in considering applicants who have previous experience.
Role Description and skills
The role will require you to provide a quality educational program for the children and families in supporting positive outcomes for each individual child.
The ideal applicant will have previous experience in a similar role and the following key skills:
- Assisting the Teacher / Nominated Supervisor in the provision of high quality care for the children
- Providing a stimulating, secure, caring, and safe environment for the children
- Assisting the Teacher by preparing and maintaining equipment and materials, and the environment as required
- Working as a team member
- Supporting the Teacher, Nominated Supervisor & Educational Leader by providing any feed-back, information and issues of concern which will contribute to the improvement of the program.
- Supporting meaningful parent participation in all aspects of the service provision.
- Experience working with children that have diverse needs.
- A range of effective behaviour management strategies.
The following Qualifications are essential:
- hold a Certificate 3 in Early Childhood education and Care or higher
- Current Blue Card
- Current Senior First Aid including Asthma and Anaphylaxis training
Previous experience working in a community kindergarten desired.
Certificate 3 in Early Childhood Education and Care or higher
This is a contract part time position for 2024, teaching a 5 day fortnight class (Monday, Tuesday alt Wednesday). Working hours are 7am – 2.30pm during school terms, with contact hours being 8.00am – 2.00pm.
The children are 3-5 years.
The position commencement date is 15th January 2024 and further arrangements regarding the role will be discussed with the successful applicant on appointment.
Job Type: Part Time 2024 Contract
Email applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications Close: 17th November 2023