Early Childhood Teacher
We are seeking a dedicated, passionate and qualified Early Childhood Teacher or Teachers at Labrador Kindergarten on the Gold Coast. We are a not for profit Community Kindergarten and have been providing high-quality early education and care services since 1957.
The role will require you to provide a quality educational program for the children and families in supporting positive outcomes for each individual child. The Service provides a program for two groups of children, on a five-day per fortnight basis, and is an Approved Kindergarten Program Provider.
This role may be undertaken as a full time position, or two part time roles. The successful applicant will be the Nominated Supervisor at the Service and manage the day to day operations in conjunction with the Administrator and Approved Provider (Executive Management Committee).
The ideal applicant will have previous experience in a similar role and the following key skills:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrated excellence in forming on-going professional relationships with families and stakeholders from the Kindergarten Community.
- Demonstrated ability to provide and document a high quality, play based early childhood program.
- A current understanding of the Early Years Learning Framework and the Queensland Kindergarten Learning Guideline.
- A commitment to best practice.
- A current understanding of the National Quality Framework, Early Childhood Education and Care Legislation and the Assessment and Rating Process.
- Demonstrated leadership skills, mentoring of staff and collaboration with colleagues from the ECEC Sector.
- A commitment to ongoing professional learning and personal growth.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, demonstrate initiative and make decisions. (The position is well supported by staff and our Central Governing Body, Lady Gowrie Qld. The
- successful applicant will work autonomously in regard to the direct implementation of the daily program).
The following qualifications are essential:
- Approved Early Childhood Teacher qualification (must meet ACECQA and QKFS requirements) / Bachelor of Education (Early Childhood)
- Queensland College of Teachers Registration
- Current Suitability Card or Exemption Card for Registered Teachers
- Current First Aid, CPR, Anaphylaxis and Asthma certifications for early childhood
Successful applicants must also be willing to undergo a criminal history check (National Police Certificate) as conducted by the Queensland Police Service.
This is either a full-time role of 37.5 hours per week or part time role of 37.5 hours per fortnight.
Prior experience as Nominated Supervisor and Educational Leader will be highly regarded.
The position commences Term 1 2022.
Please forward your letter of application, resume and all queries to email@example.com by Friday, 29th December 2021.