Early Childhood Teacher
Landsborough Community Kindergarten is seeking the services of a dynamic and passionate Early Childhood Teacher for a 12-month contract.
Landsborough Community Kindergarten operates two kindergarten groups on a 5-day per fortnight program. We are an inclusive community-based, not-for-profit kindergarten, affiliated with Lady Gowrie. We are proud to have again achieved ‘Exceeding’ across all seven areas of the National Quality Standard in 2021. Our service provides a nurturing and inspiring environment via a high-quality play-based educational program. This is an exciting opportunity to work within a highly-skilled and passionate team of early childhood professionals.
About The Role
This position is a 12 month contract commencing Wednesday 19th January 2022 and concluding Friday 9th December 2022.
The position is for a total of 40.9 hours per fortnight spanning a 5-day fortnight model. The role holder will work collaboratively alongside another Early Childhood Teacher and Co-Director/Nominated Supervisor. Our Early Childhood Teachers are supported further through 2 hours of non contact time each day to ensure a high quality and considered program is delivered to the children of our community.
The role will require you to provide a quality educational program for the children and families in supporting positive outcomes for each individual child.
The successful candidate will be suitably qualified and experienced, and meet the following selection criteria:
- Nominated Supervisor experience is preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- A current understanding of the Early Years Learning Framework and the Queensland Kindergarten Learning Guideline.
- A current understanding of National Quality Framework, Early Childhood Education and Care Legislation and the Assessment and Rating Process.
- Ability to be highly organised, work autonomously and meet timelines.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, demonstrate initiative and make decisions.
- A commitment to ongoing professional learning, personal growth and actively participate in team meetings and events.
- Demonstrated ability to provide and document a high quality, play-based early childhood program.
- Ability to lead a team of educators, working collaboratively with the existing team leader. Demonstrated leadership skills, mentoring of staff and collaboration with colleagues from the ECEC Sector.
- Demonstrated excellence in forming on-going professional relationships with families and stakeholders from the Service Community.
- Dedication to age appropriate pedagogy and valuing early childhood education with the philosophy of learning through play.
- A passion for Nature Play and commitment to best practice and advocacy for children in our community.
The following Qualifications are essential:
- Approved Early Childhood Teacher qualification (must meet ACECQA and QKFS requirements)
- Current Queensland College of Teachers Registration
- Current Suitability Card or Exemption Card for Registered Teachers
- Current Senior First Aid including Asthma and Anaphylaxis training
- Current training in Child Protection
How To Apply
Applicants for the positions are required to email a covering letter addressing the selection criteria above, accompanied by their CV by 3pm Thursday 18th November.
Applications are to be addressed to the Executive Management Committee and emailed to email@example.com.
We thank all candidates for their applications, however only those short-listed for an interview will be contacted directly.”