Early Childhood – Kindergarten Teacher/s
Early Childhood Teachers – Permanent Full time / Part time positions
Pioneer Community Kindergarten
The time has come for 2 of our very well-loved, long-term serving teachers/directors to retire at the end of 2022. We are currently seeking 1 or 2 dedicated, passionate and qualified Early Childhood Teachers to replace them in our Kindergarten Centre on a permanent basis. These positions could be filled by one full time educator or 2 part time.
The position/s will begin in Term 3, 2022. One position is for our Beginning of the Week Group (Long days, Monday and Tuesday with children attending from 8.00am to 3.30pm) and the second is for our End of the Week Group (alternate Wednesdays and every Thursday and Friday, with children attending from 8.30am to 2.30pm).
This position/s will involve a 6-month handover period where successful applicants will work with current staff to ensure the continuation of high standards. The possibility of applying for centre director will also become available later this year and all teaching staff are encouraged to apply.
While these positions are permanent, there could be changes to days and units for 2023 so flexibility is a must.
We are a long standing, not for profit Community Kindergarten, affiliated with Lady Gowrie, with an excellent reputation within the Mackay community. The role will require you to provide a quality educational program for the children and families in supporting positive outcomes for each individual child. The Service provides two programs for four groups of children, one on a five-day per fortnight basis and the second on a four-day fortnight long day option and is an Approved Kindergarten Program Provider.
Please see our website: https://mackaypioneerkindergarten.org.au to find out more about our Kindy.
The remuneration package will be in accordance with Pioneer Community Kindergartens current Enterprise Bargaining Agreement.
The following qualifications are essential:
- Qualifications in Early Childhood Education
- A positive Notice Blue Card/ Exemption Card
- Current first aid and CPR certificates (including Emergency Asthma and Anaphylaxis Management)
- Previous experience in a community Kindergarten setting would be beneficial but not essential
The ideal applicant will have previous experience in a similar role and the following key skills:
- Is passionate and innovative in pedagogy and practice.
- Ability to engage with children and families and build relationships that support engagement in the Kindergarten program and learning.
- Demonstrated capacity to engage in collegial partnerships; to reflect on, and continually improve teaching and learning practices.
- Demonstrated high level written and verbal communication skills and high-level interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated understanding of the EYLF, QKLG and NQF. Excellent knowledge and understanding of early childhood development, philosophy and best practice.
Please be aware that the Queensland Governments’ COVID 19 Vaccination Requirements for Workers in a high-risk setting Direction requires all workers who enter, work in, or provide services in an early childhood education and care setting to be fully vaccinated for COVID 19. This Direction applies to Pioneer Community Kindergarten.
If you feel you meet the above criteria and believe that you have what it takes to be a part of a beautiful Kindergarten, please send through a cover letter, resume and any queries to email@example.com by Monday 15th May, 2022.