Ashgrove Memorial Kindergarten is a not for profit community kindergarten (Affiliated with Lady Gowrie Qld). Our children learn and play in our large natural outdoor classroom and in our richly resourced air conditioned classrooms. The service is committed to creating a safe and supportive environment for children. Ashgrove Memorial Kindergarten is a double unit kindergarten that offers a quality program for four kindergarten groups for children aged 3 years to school age. We also offer an aftercare program operating only during term time. It has a well-earned reputation for providing a welcoming, inclusive and stimulating environment for the children and their families.
We are currently seeking a dedicated, passionate, qualified Early Childhood Professional to undertake the full time role of Director/Teacher.
The role of Director/Teacher will require you to provide a quality educational program for the children and families in supporting positive outcomes for each individual child.
As Director the successful applicant will be the Responsible Person at the Service, when in attendance and manage the day to day operations of the Service. Ashgrove Memorial Kindergarten is committed to the ongoing professional development of all staff.
This is a full time position of 75 hours per fortnight. 5 days teaching per fortnight and 5 days non-contact time per fortnight.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrated excellence in forming on-going professional relationships with families and stakeholders from the Service Community.
- Demonstrated ability to provide and document a high quality, play based early childhood program.
- A commitment to best practice.
- A current understanding of National Quality Framework, Early Childhood Education and Care Legislation and the Assessment and Rating Process.
- Working knowledge of the Early Years Learning Framework and the Queensland Kindergarten Learning Guideline.
- Demonstrated leadership skills, mentoring of staff and collaboration with colleagues from the ECEC Sector.
- A commitment to ongoing professional learning and personal growth.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, demonstrate initiative and make decisions.
The successful applicant will also have:
- Minimum four year qualification in Early Childhood Education
- Minimum of four years experience in a similar role
- Registration with College of Teacher’s Registration
- Hold a current Blue Card
- Hold current first aid/CPR including asthma and anaphylaxis
- Ability to oversee and implement quality curricula;
- Work in partnership with children and families;
- Develop strong partnerships with the broader Community; and
- Manage the day to day operation of the business requirements.
Ashgrove Memorial Kindergarten is committed to an inclusive workforce and we strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and people from culturally-diverse background
Please be aware that the Queensland Government’s COVID-19 Vaccination Requirements for Workers in a high-risk setting Direction requires all workers who enter, work in, or provide services in an early childhood education and care setting to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. This Direction applies to Ashgrove Memorial Kindergarten.
Applications in response to the key criteria and a resume including details of your experience and qualifications to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone (07) 3257 2667 for further information.
We thank all candidates for their applications, however only those successful will be contacted for an interview.