Director/Early Childhood Teacher
Dalby Beck Street Kindergarten is a leader in Early Childhood Education and Care. We are a not-for-profit organisation with a strong heritage in early childhood education in the Dalby area. We value excellence, inclusion, engagement and integrity in our work with children, families and communities and supporting a professional and capable staff team.
At Dalby Beck Street Kindergarten, we value flexibility, professionalism, collaboration and a commitment to ongoing professional learning. The ability to build and maintain positive, inclusive and responsive relationships with children, families and our wider community is a must.
About the role:
A rare opportunity now exists for an experienced and passionate Early Childhood professional to join the Service as Co-Director/ Teacher/ Nominated Supervisor/ Educational Leader from Term 1 2024. This is a part time position – Thursday, Friday and alternative Mondays during the school term.
As the Co-Director/Teacher, you will provide a quality educational program for the children and families in supporting positive outcomes for each individual child.
The successful applicant will be the Responsible Person at the Service when in attendance and collaborate with your Co-Director to manage the day to day operations of the Service in conjunction with the Executive Committee and with support from our Governing Body, Lady Gowrie Qld. You will have qualities to lead a team of professionals and promote a collaborative work environment that ensures the provision of a quality education and care program.
What we can offer you:
- Be part of a strong and successful kindergarten
- Attractive wages as per our Kindergarten Enterprise Agreement
- 4 weeks Annual Leave plus 7 weeks Recess Leave
- Ongoing professional development
- Fully funded First Aid/CPR including Asthma and Anaphylaxis
Skills & Experience
- Completed a Bachelor’s Degree in Education – Early Childhood or equivalent (recognised by ACECQA as an early childhood teaching qualification).
- Registration with Queensland College of Teachers.
- Demonstrated leadership ability including staff performance appraisal and management.
- Ability to plan and implement a quality, educational and child centred program.
- Is passionate and innovated in pedagogy and practice.
- Capability of meeting the needs of individual children and the group.
- Understanding of the Queensland Kindergarten Learning Guidelines, Early Years Learning Framework, and National Quality Framework.
- Hold a current Blue Card/Exemption Card.
- Hold current First Aid/CPR including Asthma and Anaphylaxis.
We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, and people from all backgrounds, abilities, and identities.
Applications can be submitted via Seek or directly to firstname.lastname@example.org with a subject of “Director/Teacher Position”.
Applications close 23 November 2023.
We thank all candidates for their applications, however only those successful will be contacted for an interview.