Centre Director/Service Manager
Have you experienced the difference of working in a community-based not for-profit early childhood education and care service?
Lady Gowrie QLD is a leader in ECEC, sponsoring a range of Early Childhood Education and Care services. We are a not-for-profit organisation with a strong heritage in early childhood education in Queensland and Australia. We value excellence, inclusion, engagement and integrity in our work with children, families and communities and supporting a professional and capable staff team.
About the Service:
At Lady Gowrie Warry Street, we value flexibility, professionalism, collaboration, and a commitment to ongoing professional learning. The ability to build and maintain positive, inclusive, and responsive relationships with children, families, and our wider community is a must. The Service is Community-based and is open from 7:30am to 5:45pm Monday to Friday.
About the role:
A rare opportunity now exists for an experienced and passionate Early Childhood professional to join our long-serving team at Warry Street Child Centre and broader Lady Gowrie Team at the end of August 2023. The position of Service Manager will be Full Time (RDO), which is supported by a Service Administrator and Centre Support Office.
What we can offer you:
- Be part of a leading not-for-profit Organisation in Early Childhood
- 10% Above Award wages and salary packaging opportunities
- Annual Wellbeing and Service Anniversary Day (in addition to your leave entitlements!)
- Rostered day off for Full Time employees
- 2 weeks closure at Christmas time
- Fully funded Blue Card and First Aid/CPR including Asthma and Anaphylaxis
- Discounted childcare fees for permanent employees
- Ongoing professional development, and support from an experienced leadership team
- Subsidised city parking
- Access to Employee Assistance Programs to support ongoing staff Wellbeing
The successful applicants will have:
- Previous experience in a Centre Director/Service Manager position
- Diploma or Bachelor Early Childhood qualification (or working towards)
- Hold a current Blue Card and hold current first aid/CPR including asthma and anaphylaxis
- A current understanding of National Quality Framework, Early Childhood Education and Care Legislation and the Assessment and Rating Process.
- Experience in developing engaging educational programs to support the learning and development of children
- Proven experience building and maintaining strong relationships and partnerships with Children, Families, and Colleagues
- Working knowledge of the Early Years Learning Framework and the Queensland Kindergarten Learning Guideline.
- Demonstrated leadership skills, mentoring of staff and collaboration with colleagues from the ECEC Sector.
- A commitment to ongoing professional learning and personal growth.
We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, and people from all backgrounds, abilities and identities.
We thank all candidates for their applications, however only those successful will be contacted for an interview.