BUSINESS MANAGER (ADMINISTRATION/FINANCE)
Mitchelton Pre-Schooling Centre (affiliated with Lady Gowrie QLD) is a 3 Unit, community based, not-for-profit kindergarten.
We are seeking a Business Manager to join our Kindergarten on a part time basis, commencing in 2024. Initially required 2 days per week, increasing to 3 days per week (up to 25 hours per week) by the later part of 2024. The successful candidate will work alongside our current Business Manager.
The position provides financial and operational support to the Nominated Supervisors and Management Committee. Key attributes required of this role include flexibility, adaptability and an ability to work independently and efficiently.
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
- Essential knowledge Microsoft applications, including Word, Excel, Outlook and related computer skills with managing emails and using online service portals;
- Sound knowledge of RECKON ACCOUNTS or other Financial Accounting software
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in payroll, bookkeeping, including BAS and Superannuation lodgements
- Experience in budgeting and maintaining Asset Registers
- Strong administrative and organisational skills
- Ability to co-ordinate projects with a variety of tradesman
- Experience working in marketing and an ability to edit websites an advantage.
- An ability to work independently and manage time efficiently.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to relate to parents, children and staff with warmth, respect and confidentiality.
- A willingness to work as a reliable and collaborative team member in supporting the Kindergarten Directors, Committee and staff.
- Experience working in a community Kindergarten education setting an advantage.
This is a permanent part time role of 2 days per week initially and building to 3 days per week during school terms, with days and hours negotiable. It should also be noted that some work is required during Queensland school holiday periods.
Additional hours may be required at key times so flexibility is paramount.
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION:
To obtain a detailed Position Description please register your interest via email as detailed below. Only applicants who meet the selection criteria and who have requested the Position Description will be considered.
The President: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: 3355 2535
Applications close 5th February 2024.