Norman Park Community Kindergarten (NPCK) is seeking an experienced, dedicated and qualified Assistant Educator starting Term 4, 2022 or Term 1, 2023. Candidates available to start
immediately welcomed. This is a contract position for 15 hours per week (Thursday, Friday) with a view to becoming a permanent part time position.
NPCK is a not-for-profit organisation managed by a committee of parents and affiliated with The Gowrie (QLD) Inc. The Kindergarten is a one-unit service with high educator to child ratios (3:25)
and offers before and after care (‘kindy club’) to families who require it. In 2019 the Kindergarten was rated Exceeding in six out of the seven quality areas.
As well as following the Queensland Kindergarten Learning Guidelines and the Early Years Learning Framework, our program proudly follows the principles of Forest School which includes
fortnightly bush excursions, tool use (including fire), exploring risky play and safety, and nature play.
Relationships are at the heart of our philosophy, which views children as capable, competent and eager to learn. We foster children’s learning and development through our child led, play based,
open indoor/outdoor program. Our philosophy also includes promoting a positive culture, a professional learning environment and encouraging continuous improvement.
Being a community kindergarten, strong connections with families, staff and the community are integral to our values.
- Diploma of Early Childhood Education (Certificate III may be considered for the right candidate);
- Hold a current Blue Card;
- Hold current first aid/CPR including asthma and anaphylaxis;
- Proven experience building and maintaining strong relationships and partnerships with children, families and colleagues;
- Understanding of the Early Years Learning Framework and National Quality Framework;
- Facilitating the delivery of a high quality and inclusive educational program promoting the NPCK philosophy and based on the Queensland Kindergarten Learning Guidelines;
- Experience in Kindergarten settings;
- An ability to work collaboratively in a positive, strong and collaborative professional team.
In addition, the ideal candidate will have experience or interest/knowledge in:
- Documentation and planning with Storypark;
- Nature play and/or Forest School learning and philosophy.
To apply, submit an application letter, resume (including details of your qualifications and experience) and the names of two referees to The Director at email@example.com
Applications close 5pm July 15, 2022. Applications will be assessed as they are submitted; if you are interested we encourage you to apply without delay.