Assistant Service Managers – Brisbane City Services
Lady Gowrie QLD is a leader in ECEC, sponsoring a diverse range of Early Childhood Education and Care services. This includes Child Centres with embedded kindergarten programs, Sessional Kindergartens, outside school hours care and integrated child and family support services.
Our Lady Gowrie Love Street and Quarry St Services are community based and has been serving the children & families of Fortitude Valley and surrounding areas for many years. The Services are open from 7:30am – 5:45pm Monday to Friday and close for approximately 2 weeks at Christmas time.
We are currently seeking a dedicated, passionate and qualified Assistant Service Manager’s to join our leadership teams at our services, to commence as soon as possible. This is an opportunity for you to take the next step in your leadership journey and to be part of the service leadership team.
As the Assistant Service Manager you will partner with the General Manager to mentor, lead and inspire our team to achieve success. These are full time positions with 1 day non-contact and 4 days contact per week.
The ideal applicant with have previous experience in a similar role or demonstrated readiness to advance their career, with the following key skills:
- Assisting with all aspects of the daily management of the service in accordance with all relevant legislation, sector guidelines and Lady Gowrie policies
- Demonstrated excellence in forming on-going professional relationships with families and stakeholders from the Service Community
- Demonstrated ability to provide and document a high quality, play based early childhood program
- An understanding of the National Quality Framework, Early Childhood Education and Care Legislation, the Assessment and Rating Process and the Early Years Learning Framework.
The following Qualifications are essential:
- A completed Diploma in Children’s Services or ACECQA assessed qualification
- Prior experience as an Assistant Service Manager in a long day care setting would be highly regarded
- Current Working with Children’s Check
- Current Senior First Aid including Asthma and Anaphylaxis training
- Current training in Child Protection
Incentives in working at Lady Gowrie Qld:
- Be part of a leading not-for-profit Organisation in Early Childhood
- Competitive above Award Wages and Salary packaging opportunities
- Paid Blue Card and First aid/CPR including asthma and anaphylaxis
- Uniforms supplied
- Rostered day off each month
- One wellbeing day and work anniversary day
- 2 weeks closure at Christmas time
- 2 weeks additional recess leave for qualified teachers.
- Discounted child care fees of 15%
- Ongoing professional development, and support from an experienced leadership team
- Access to Employee Assistance Programs to support ongoing staff Wellbeing
To apply for this position, please send us your resume and a detailed cover letter explaining why you feel you are the best candidate for Lady Gowrie QLD. Applications can be submitted via email@example.com
We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, and people from all backgrounds, abilities and identities. We request that only people with the rights to work in Australia, apply for these opportunities.
We thank all candidates for their applications, however only those successful will be contacted for an interview.