About Our Kindergarten
Marchant Park Kindergarten is a well-resourced, not-for-profit community kindy set in leafy parklands of 7th Brigade Park in Geebung. We have a lovely large natural outdoor environment boasting veggie patches, native bees, worm farm, mud patch, resident possums, frog pond as well as an abundance of visiting wildlife. Our kindergarten has recently been assessed as exceeding in all 7 National Quality Areas. Our kindy prides itself on offering a genuine play-based approach to learning and have an emphasis on nature pedagogy.
We are looking for a motivated and energetic person to join our team of exceptional educators. The position will be permanent part time as an Assistant Educator commencing 17 January 2022, working Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesdays. Hours are 7:45am to 3.15pm (program hours are 8.30am-2.40pm).
The position is paid in accordance with the kindergarten’s Enterprise Agreement.
Key selection criteria
- A strong belief in play-based learning, nature pedagogy and sustainability
- Certificate III (Early Childhood Education & Care or Community Services – Children’s Services) or studying towards this qualification, or a higher early childhood qualification
- Ability to work collaboratively with the group Teacher/Director to assist with the preparation and supervision of all activities and matters relating to the kindergarten program
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to relate to children, parents and staff with warmth and respect
- Current First Aid, Anaphylaxis and Asthma training.
- Current Working with Children Blue Card.
- Current Child protection Certificate is advantageous
About Lady Gowrie
There are more than 98 Lady Gowrie Affiliated Community Kindergartens across Queensland providing an Early Childhood Education program for children in the year before they start school.
Lady Gowrie Kindergartens are community-based and are expert in tailoring their early childhood services to the needs of local children and families. Lady Gowrie Qld is the Central Governing Body (CGB) for Lady Gowrie Affiliated Kindergartens and supports each service in their provision of an Approved Kindergarten Program. For over 80 years Lady Gowrie’s focus has been Queensland children and families, and the benefits quality yearly childhood programs bring to our communities.
To apply for the role
Please email your cover letter, addressing the selection criteria, and resume to email@example.com by 22/11/21
More information about Marchant Park Kindergarten is available at www.marchantparkkindy.com.au
Closing date: 22/11/21