We are seeking a fully qualified, highly skilled and passionate Assistant Educator for our Community Kindergarten in Bracken Ridge, Brisbane. We are looking for a self-starter with creative vision who has had previous experience in the Early Childhood Education and Care sector in a similar role.
Bracken Ridge Kindergarten is a not-for-profit community kindergarten (affiliated with Lady Gowrie Qld). Our children learn and play in our large natural outdoor playspace and in our richly resourced, air-conditioned classroom. The service employs a small, dedicated team who are committed to creating a safe and supportive environment for children.
This is a permanent position and can either be 2 part-time positions (working a 5-day fortnight, Mon, Tues, alt Wed or Thurs, Fri, alt Wed) or a full-time position. Hours of engagement are 7:45am to 3:45pm and contact hours are 8:30am to 2:30pm. Children’s attendance is aligned with the school terms. Educators attend some additional days on the school holidays for preparation and set-up of the environment.
As an Assistant Educator, you will assist in the preparation, implementation, and evaluation of the educational programmes, supporting the children’s holistic development. You will work collaboratively and support the teacher in delivering our educational programmes.
As the successful applicant, you will have:
- Certificate III of Diploma in Early Childhood Education and Care (or ACECQA approved equivalent)
- Current Paid Blue Card or Exemption Card.
- Current First Aid, CPR, Asthma and Anaphylaxis.
- Current Child Protection Training
- An understanding of the EYLF, QKLG, and NQF.
- An ability to document observations of children’s behaviour and development.
- An ability to implement a planned program, ensuring the needs of individual children and the group are met.
- Exceptional relationship skills with families, children and other educators within the service.
If you are motivated to work with a team of creative professionals who are committed to educating children through an inspiring curriculum and inclusive workplace, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Applicants who do not meet the above criteria will not be contacted for an interview.