Lady Gowrie (Qld) is a not for-profit early childhood organisation that sponsors a diverse range of child and family services, including centre-based early childhood education and care (ECEC) and integrated child and family support across Queensland.
We value excellence, inclusion, engagement and integrity in our work with children, families and communities and supporting a professional and capable staff team.
Lady Gowrie (QLD) has an opportunity for an experienced Assistant Accountant to work full-time at our Bowen Hills head office.
Key responsibilities include:
- Prepare revenue journals, adjustments and bank reconciliations
- Processing of monthly creditors and associated reconciliation processes
- Maintenance of the fixed assets register
- Assistance with preparing reports
- Support the Finance Manager in analysing financial information
- Support the Finance Manager with compliance reporting (eg Business Activity Statements)
- Assistance with the annual audit preparation process
- Assistance with preparation of Fringe Benefit Tax Return
The successful applicant will have:
- A degree or diploma qualification in Accounting
- At least 2 years’ experience working as an Assistant Accountant.
- Experience in working with XERO accounting software
- Experience with processing of payables in XERO
- Experience in the not for profit sector is highly valued.
- At least intermediate experience with digital tools (excel, word, Microsoft Teams, Zoom, etc).
- Ability to be Team focused and effectively prioritise workload
- Be apart of a leading not-for-profit organisation in the Early Childhood Sector
- Paid Blue Card.
- One wellbeing day per year.
- 2 weeks closure at Christmas time.
- Opportunity to attend professional development opportunities or further study support.
- Access to Employee Assistance Programs to support ongoing staff Wellbeing.
Lady Gowrie Qld is committed to an inclusive workforce and we strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and people from culturally-diverse background
Please be aware that the Queensland Government’s COVID-19 Vaccination Requirements for Workers in a high-risk setting Direction requires all workers who enter, work in, or provide services in an early childhood education and care setting to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. This Direction applies to Lady Gowrie Qld.
Applications in response to the key criteria and a resume including details of your experience and qualifications to be sent to email@example.com or telephone (07) 3252 2667 for further information.
We thank all candidates for their applications, however only those successful will be contacted for an interview.