Broadbeach Waters Kindergarten is a not-for-profit, community-based centre that is affiliated with Lady Gowrie QLD. Established in 1967, it is a highly respected centre which provides an exceptional pre-prep program for children.
We are currently seeking an experienced administrator to join our Centre on a casual basis (18-20hours a week), with the potential of permanent part time employment. This role is covered by the Clerks Private Sector Award 2020.
This Administrative role is expansive and fundamental to the smooth running of our centre. The ideal applicant must be comfortable welcoming and supporting parents and families.
Additionally they will assist the Kindergarten with matters of an administrative and financial nature such as creating and maintaining child enrolment records and waitlist information, collecting data for QLD Kindergarten Funding Scheme (QKFS) validation and application of Health Care Card subsidies, monitor compliance with legislative requirements, processing financial transactions, retaining accurate attendance records for children and generate child data reports, file maintenance and archiving as well as other duties.
Key duties and responsibilities required of this role include, but are not limited to the following:
Administration and Business Support:
- Manage the Kindergarten’s administrative processes with accuracy while ensuring confidentiality of all data and information.
- General administrative tasks; phone calls and email correspondence, maintain filing and records, completion of forms, ordering supplies, registering and distributing mail and correspondence.
- Welcome all new families to our Kindergarten; managing enrolments, yearly waitlists, orientation processes and ongoing communication with potential families. Manage medical records and management plans of children with specific medical needs.
- Assist Directors, educators and the Committee with administrative tasks to maintain the efficient operation of the Kindergarten.
- Annual support and induction of new Committee members.
- Liaise with Lady Gowrie to ensure all centre policies and procedures are implemented.
- Preparing documentation, sourcing information, registering staff for training, attending meetings and updating records as required.
- Liaise with Directors regarding property management and maintenance work.
- Assist Directors and educators with National Quality Framework improvements and self-assessments.
- Receive CGB policy changes and respond to directives as needed.
- Assist with writing grants and other relevant funding applications.
Financial & Bookkeeping Support:
- Proficiency in using accounting software (QUICKBOOKS).
- Under direction of the Committee, be responsible for financial matters including, banking, payroll, super contributions, invoicing, accounts receivable and payable.
- Ensure there are effective systems in place to reconcile, record and manage income and expenditure.
- Prepare end of month and yearly financial statements for the accountant and auditor.
- Lodge quarterly Business Activity Statement & monthly Instalment Activity reports.
- Assist with QKFS & Kindy Plus funding requirements and lodgement.
- Complete annual CENSUS surveys.
- Reliable, responsible and trustworthy.
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to use initiative and judgement. Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness with attention to detail in the completion of tasks.
- Ability to work independently in a timely manner as well as committed to working respectfully and co-operatively as an effective team member.
- Demonstrate a strong focus on customer service; build open relationships with families.
- Previous bookkeeping and administrative experience.
- Sound knowledge of accounting software such as MYOB or QUICKBOOKS.
- Hold, or be eligible to hold, a Blue Card.
- Must be available for immediate start!
Please be aware that the Queensland Government’s COVID-19 Vaccination Requirements for Workers in a high-risk setting Direction requires all workers who enter, work in, or provide services in an early childhood education and care setting to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. This Direction applies to our Centre.
To apply for this position:
If you believe you have the experience and skills needed for this role, please send your cover letters and resumes to email@example.com
Applications close May 17 2022.