Twin Towns Kindergarten is looking for a passionate administrator to join the team in 2022 in supporting children and families in their early years education.
This is a wonderful opportunity for an individual who is looking for a part time position, to work in a friendly environment.
About the Role:
- Permanent part time role – 3 days per week commencing February 2022 (or earlier subject to candidate availability)
- Opportunity to join an established community-based kindergarten with an exceeding rating with a history of 60 years in our local community
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills
- The administration officer is responsible for assisting the kindergarten with matters of an administrative and financial nature and actively support the kindergarten’s philosophy.
Key Selection Criteria:
- A knowledge of community kindergarten operations.
- A minimum of three year’s experience in office administration
- Strong organizational skills with experience in managing priorities
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to relate to children, parents and staff with warmth and respect.
- A willingness to work as a reliable and collaborative team member in supporting the kindergarten’s directors, staff, and executive committee.
- Working with other staff towards continuous improvement in all areas of the kindergarten’s operations.
- Demonstrated high level knowledge of computer software applications, which includes MS Office Suite of products and email system.
- Ability to obtain a Working with Children Blue Card.
- Ability to work in a QLD early childhood education service in regard to COVID vaccination status
Your responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to:
- Work in accordance with the requirements of the Education and Care Services National Law, Education and Care Services National Regulations and the National Quality Standard, Lady Gowrie Community Kindergarten Policies and Procedures.
- Creating and maintaining child enrolment records and waitlist information
- Collecting data for QLD Kindergarten Funding Scheme (QKFS)
- Validation and application of Health Care Card subsidies
- Processing financial transactions
- Retaining accurate attendance records for children
- Generate child data reports
- File maintenance as well as other administrative duties
- Providing secretarial services to the Director / Manager and Management Committee of the Centre
- Meet and greet prospective enrolments and families
- Screen telephone calls and referring them to the appropriate person.
- Secretarial skills of the role include preparing letters, emails, reports, and other documentation
- Ordering kindergarten equipment and supplies
- Sorting mail incoming and outgoing
All applicants will need to address the Key Selection Criteria within their application. Terms and conditions of employment will be discussed with the successful applicant. If you would like to be part of Twin Towns Community Kindergarten, please forward your covering letter and resume to email@example.com