Bracken Ridge Kindergarten is a not for profit community kindergarten (affiliated with Lady Gowrie Qld). The service employs a small dedicated team who are committed to creating a safe and supportive environment for children.
We are seeking an experienced Administrator to be the face of the centre. The successful candidate will form relationships with all our families and ensure their experience is smooth and positive. The ideal candidate will be competent in prioritizing and working with little supervision. They will be self-motivated and trustworthy and will ensure the smooth running of the kindergarten office.
This is a permanent, part-time position. The role will involve flexible working hours up to 45 hours per fortnight (Monday to Friday).
- Support the Kindergarten’s Management Committee with key administrative and financial matters across multiple systems
- Build and maintain strong relationships with educators, families, children and the local community
- Create and maintain enrolment and waitlist information
- Manage data for QKFS funding
- Manage phone calls and correspondence
- Support budgeting and bookkeeping processes
- Create and update records and databases with personnel, financial and other data
- Track stocks of office and kindergarten supplies and place orders as necessary
- Assist colleagues whenever necessary
- Present a consistently high standard of customer service
- Deliver consistent high-quality standards for centre presentation and work practices
- A current and valid Working with Children Check
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficient in Xero and all Microsoft Office systems
- Excellent organisational and time management and the ability to work in a systematic manner and work autonomously
- Ability to demonstrate innovative and creative thinking
- Ability to prioritise a heavy workload and manage a busy, fast-paced environment with a smile and positive attitude
- General knowledge and/or the ability to rapidly acquire knowledge of relevant legislations
- Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care
- Administration experience in a community kindergarten setting
To apply for this position, please send us your resume and a detailed cover letter explaining why you feel you are the best candidate. Applications can be submitted via email@example.com.
We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, and people from all backgrounds, abilities and identities.
Please be aware that the Queensland Government’s COVID-19 Vaccination Requirements for Workers in a high-risk setting Direction requires all workers who enter, work in, or provide services in an early childhood education and care setting to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. This Direction applies to Bracken Ridge Kindergarten.
Bracken Ridge Kindergarten reserves the right to close the advertisement before the closing date is reached. The advertising closing date is indicative only. We review applications as they are submitted. We encourage you to submit your application as soon as possible for your best chance to progress to the next stage of the process.