Yeronga Hyde Road Kindergarten
Coordinator Out of Kindergarten Hours Care
Diploma of CC Position
A position has become available at Yeronga Hyde Road Kindergarten, 43 Hyde Road Yeronga for a Coordinator of Out of Kindergarten Hours Care (called Kindy Club). The job is for Term 3 2017, commencing as soon as possible, and with a view to continuation for the year.
About Yeronga Hyde Road Kindergarten
Yeronga Hyde Road Kindergarten is a not-for-profit community kindergarten set in leafy parkland, with a caring and dedicated team of educators who strive for excellence in early childhood education through safe, guided and supported play.
The centre has 2 units with 4 groups of children attending for a 5 day fortnight. There is an additional out-of-hours care program called Kindy Club.
The Kindy Club operates from 7.30am to 8.45am and 2.45pm to 4.45pm Monday to Friday.
The Coordinator’s Position
The available position is for a Diploma qualified Educator to run the out of kindergarten program with the help of a qualified assistant and under the direction of the centre Director. The position is split shift, Monday – Friday with daily working hours of 7.30am to 9.30am and 2.15pm to 4.45pm.
The job involves planning and running a program based on EYLF for children who have attended the centre day program but require an extended day.
Morning- involves setting up a play area for children who arrive at various times from 7.30am. This is an indoor play with puzzles, drawing, games and construction for usually 8-12 children, with an assistant helping. Children are signed in and out of the program and gathered for a storytime at the end.
Afternoon – this is usually an outdoor session with some gross motor activities set up in the spacious centre playground. There is a snack mid-afternoon, organized with the help of the Kindy Club Assistant, and children are signed out of the program at various times until 4.45pm. There are usually up to 16 children enrolled.
The Coordinator works with the centre Director and Management Committee to ensure the centre Philosophy, Code of Conduct and Policies are implemented seamlessly across all programs.
The Coordinator will be familiar with the Early Years Learning Framework(EYLF) and the Queensland Kindergarten Learning Guidelines(QKLG) and will observe the children, plan activities according to the curriculums and review and reflect upon planning.
The coordinator will be actively engaged with the children, will respect and like working with them, and encouraging their growth and learning. They will be friendly and supportive of parents, and will work with them for the best interests of their children.
The coordinator will track the use of the program and report to the office administrator and the management committee for review regularly. Accurate recording of enrolments will ensure this is an easy process.
The coordinator will become actively involved in the centre, taking an interest in and attending some centre events, fitting in as an engaged and contributing staff member to a centre team.
Diploma of Child Care or equivalent
Blue (Suitability) Card
First Aid qualification, including Anaphylaxis and Asthma Management, (or willingness to train)
Some experience with Kindergarten or Child care.
The Coordinator is paid according to the Yeronga Hyde Road Kindergarten Enterprise Agreement 2016 with a base rate of about $31 per hour, as per qualifications and experience, with an additional split shift allowance of $15.38 per day.
Applications are to be sent to the Director at email@example.com by FRIDAY 18TH AUGUST 2017. Please include 2 current phone referees.
Kindergarten Teacher/Educational Leader
Upper Mt Gravatt Community Kindergarten – proudly affiliated with Lady Gowrie
“We are not easily found but are regularly sought out….”
Upper Mt Gravatt Kindergarten is a double unit Community Kindergarten catering to 88 families and children.
We are located down Carson Lane off Logan Rd. tucked away next to the Roly Chapman Reserve and Mt Gravatt park. Our beautiful natural outdoor play area is tranquil and provides a naturally stimulating environment to the children.
Our staff deliver a high quality play based program to all children including children with additional needs within a culturally rich Community. Our operating hours are 8.20am to 2.30pm Monday – Friday within school term time.
We are seeking a talented and motivated Early Childhood Teacher/Educational Leader to join our dynamic team. The position will be full-time 37.5 hours per week for a 12 month period – with possibility of extension.
As Early Childhood Teacher you will be providing a high quality play based program to children of 3 – 5 years of age based on the QKLG and EYLF. As educational Leader you will be motivating and guiding staff in continuous improvement of pedagogical practice alongside the Director.
As Assistant to the Director you will be the point of contact when the Director is offsite.
If you are an experienced individual who has excellent team skills and are a passionate and committed Early Childhood Professional looking for a fantastic career opportunity then you must apply.
- Early Childhood Teaching Degree
- Full Teacher Registration
- 2 years minimum experience working with Kindergarten aged children
- Experience working as Educational Leader
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Exemption Positive Blue Card Notice
- Senior First Aid and Current CPR including Emergency Anaphylaxis and Emergency Asthma Training
- Strong knowledge of QKLG and EYLF
- Experience working with children with additional needs
Key Selection Criteria (Cover letter)
- Demonstrated and proven extensive experience leading a Kindergarten classroom according to the QKLG and EYLF and play based program for children 4-5 years of age.
- Demonstrated leadership skills, build capability and inspire team members as part of the Educational Leader position.
- Demonstrated excellent communication skills with a high level ability to build and maintain effective relationships with management and staff.
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills in working with children with additional needs in an inclusive environment.
Please email your cover letter addressing the Key Selection Criteria along with your resume to the Director – Sonia Nikolic – firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close Sunday 6th August, 2017.
Kindergarten Teacher (3 year old group),
Mitchelton Pre-Schooling Centre
We provide a safe, respectful learning environment in which children play, and where individual differences and connections are supported.
We are seeking an experienced qualified early childhood teacher to join our team commencing in Term 1, 2018. The 12 month contract position is for our MPC 3’s group on Thursdays and Fridays. Employment will be as per the M.P.C. Early Childhood Education Enterprise Agreement 2015.
Minimum Requirements: B Ed E/C, Current Qld Teachers Registration, Current First Aid Certificates, Current Positive Notice Blue Card
- View children as active and capable partners in their learning experience and ability to plan collaboratively.
- Support children, families, management committee and staff members to make meaningful connections and to develop a sense of belonging and place within the Mitchelton Pre-Schooling Centre environment.
- An understanding of the National Quality Framework.
- Value and support collegial partnerships.
- Commitment to open and effective communication with children, parents, management committee and colleagues.
- Commitment to professional development.
- Commitment to sustainability.
A willingness to work as part of an energetic team in creating a learning environment based on children’s ideas and play is essential! www.mpc.net.au
If you are keen to join our community based centre, please forward your application, including details of your qualifications to the Personnel Officer, Mitchelton Pre-Schooling Centre Inc, via email to: email@example.com
Applications close on 4th August 2017
Part Time Early Childhood Teacher
Do you want to be part of a fun and fabulous learning environment?
At Koolyangarra Kindy we believe that learning is fun and play is the fundamental medium for Children’s learning. We are therefore seeking to employ a passionate and enthusiastic early childhood teacher to join our outstanding Kindy team.
About Koolyangarra Kindergarten: The Kindergarten is a community based not-for-profit centre affiliated with Lady Gowrie Qld. It was established in 1973 and continues the long tradition of quality early childhood education & care.
In 2015, our Kindy was awarded Exceeding in each of the seven National Quality Standards. The kindergarten centre has an idyllic working environment, with experienced teachers and support staff who are committed to providing a safe, caring, supportive early educational experience of the highest quality.
The establishment is based in Gladstone, a coastal town with a great recreational lifestyle and community spirit.
About the Teaching Position:
The role will commence in January 2018 with the successful applicant if possible attending the new parent evening and open mornings in 2017 to get to know the 2018 families and the children. The position will be a 5-day fortnight working on Mondays, Tuesdays and alternate Wednesdays.
The successful applicant must be passionate about early childhood education, enthusiastic, and community minded.
- (Plan and implement a high quality early educational program for 3.5 -5.5 year olds program based on the Early Years Learning Framework (EYLF) and Queensland Kindergarten Learning Guideline (QKLG) and support positive outcomes for each child.
- Provide a welcoming environment and form trusting relationships with children, families and staff.
- Provide professional support and co-operate with the nominated supervisor in maintaining high standards in administrative and educational programs.
- Maintain a written program and child developmental records.
- Prepare meaningful portfolios for each child. Being competent in creating documentation on the computer.
- Actively participate in meetings, professional development and centre events.
- Share the role of Educational Leader.
- Attend staff meetings and monthly committee meetings.
- Have excellent written and verbal communication / presentation skills.
- Communicate effectively with parents/caregivers, colleagues, and committee members.
- Work cooperatively in a team environment.
Candidates will hold:
- Bachelor of Education (Early Childhood) or equivalent Early Childhood qualification as recognised by ACECQA.
- Current registration with the Queensland College of Teachers.
- Senior First Aid and CPR including anaphylaxis, asthma and defibrillator training.
- Ability to obtain Supervisor’s Certificate.
- A current blue card or blue card exemption.
Can you see yourself working in this wonderful environment and being part of our amazing team here at Koolyangarra? If you answered yes and meet these qualifications, we look forward to hearing from you soon.
Please email the President on firstname.lastname@example.org with your application letter and resume, outlining your qualifications and experience, and including the contact details of 2 referees.
Or for further information please call the Kindergarten on 0749723067 after 3pm or contact the President Duane Butler 0405081097
Kindergarten Teacher/Educational Leader
Lady Gowrie Waratah Drive Child Centre – Cairns
Have you experienced the difference of working in a community-based not for-profit early childhood education and care service?
The Gowrie Queensland is a leader in ECEC, sponsoring a diverse range of early childhood education and care services.
We are seeking a talented and motivated Early Childhood Kindergarten Teacher/Educational Leader to join our Child Centre team based in Cairns. The position will be part time 32 hours per week spread over 4 x days.
The role will require you to provide a quality educational program for the children and families in supporting positive outcomes for each individual child.
Applicants need to hold a Teaching qualification of Early Childhood and experience in a similar role, current Positive Notice Blue Card, Senior First Aid Certificate and a strong understanding of the EYLF, QKLG and the relevant laws and legislations under the National Quality Framework.
Benefits of working at The Gowrie include: above award rates; a family-friendly work environment; and access to a range of professional development opportunities.
Join the dynamic team at The Gowrie and enhance your career opportunities.
Please email resumes to email@example.com or telephone (07) 3252 2667 for further information. Applications close Sunday 9th July 2017.
Birralee Kindergarten and Community Preschool, Gladstone
We are seeking an experienced and vibrant Nominated Supervisor/Educational Leader/Teacher to join our Birralee Kindergarten team commencing July 2017.
Birralee Kindergarten is a not-for-profit single unit centre governed by Lady Gowrie QLD. Our Kindergarten, established in 1967, holds a well-founded place in our local community, a strong emphasis on play-based education and offers well-resourced facilities and grounds for the children to engage with their surrounds and follow their natural instinct to investigate and learn through play.
As the Nominated Supervisor, you will manage the day-to-day operations in accordance with the National Quality Standards and offer a dynamic, interactive play based kindergarten program. The experienced candidate must hold recognised early childhood qualifications and have a passion for natural outdoor play environments.
This is a full time, permanent position, 37.5hr per week.
The role will require you to provide a quality interactive educational program for two groups of children, across a Monday-Wednesday (9am-2.30pm) and Thursday- Friday (8.30am-4pm) program, and is an Approved Kindergarten Program Provider.
The ideal applicant will have previous experience in a similar role and the following key skills:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated excellence in forming on-going professional relationships with families and stakeholders from the Service Community
- Demonstrated ability to provide and document a high quality, play based early childhood program
- Demonstrated ability to plan for and facilitate meaningful inclusion of children with additional needs
- A commitment to best practice
- A current understanding of National Quality Framework, Early Childhood Education and Care Legislation and the Assessment and Rating Process
- A current understanding of the Early Years Learning Framework and the Queensland Kindergarten Learning Guideline
- Demonstrated leadership skills, mentoring of staff and collaboration with colleagues from the ECEC Sector
- A commitment to ongoing professional learning and personal growth
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, demonstrate initiative and make decisions (The position is well supported by staff from Lady Gowrie, the successful applicant will work autonomously in regards to the direct implementation of the daily program).
The following Qualifications are essential:
- Bachelor of Education (Early Childhood) or equivalent Early Childhood Teacher qualification (must meet ACECQA and QKFS requirements)
- Queensland College of Teachers Registration
- Current Suitability Card or Exemption Card for Registered Teachers
- Current Senior First Aid including Asthma and Anaphylaxis training.
A full copy of the position description and conditions of employment are available on request.
Please forward your application, including cover letter describing your personal teaching philosophy, CV and two(2) professional referees by email to THE VICE-PRESIDENT, Birralee Kindergarten, Admin@birraleekindy.net.au by Monday 10 July 2017. For further information call 0408 155 347
Early Childhood Educator (Part-time)
Gan Gani Community Kindergarten, Fig Tree Pocket
Gan Gani Community Kindergarten is located in the leafy suburb of Fig Tree Pocket, nestled between the Queensland Equestrian Centre and Brisbane Montessori School. Our single unit kindergarten offers a 5-day fortnight kindergarten program (8.45am-2.45pm) for two groups of children, during school terms.
We pride ourselves on our play-based program embedded in our beautiful natural environment, our “Life Garden” comprising chickens, vegetables gardens and a worm farm, and our community engagement partnership with the Salvation Army Aged Care, among other things.
In addition to this, Gan Gani Kindergarten has a Jewish heritage and children engage in a range of cultural traditions in an age-appropriate way. This includes baking “challah” bread for the weekly Shabbat lunch, singling songs, reading stories and making craft for festivals throughout the year. While the majority of our families are not Jewish, all enjoy the experience of learning about a different culture.
Gan Gani Kindergarten is currently seeking a dedicated, qualified Early Childhood Professional for the part-time role of Educator in the Monday/Tuesday group. The Educator will work alongside the Kindergarten Teacher to deliver a quality educational program and positive outcomes children and their families.
We are seeking an applicant with the following skills:
- Certificate III or higher in Early Childhood or enrolled & actively studying towards this qualification
- Positive Notice (Blue Card)
- Current First Aid, CPR, Anaphylaxis and Asthma management Certificate.
- Ability to contribute to and be a part of a close-knit team.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to develop strong trusting relationships with children, families and staff.
- Understanding of the Early Years Learning Framework and the Queensland Kindergarten Learning Guideline.
- Understanding of National Quality Framework and related legislation.
- A commitment to best practice.
- A commitment to ongoing professional learning and personal growth.
The position is part-time, working 38 hours per fortnight every Monday and Tuesday, and alternate Wednesdays during term time, commencing in Term 3, 2017.
Please email your application including a resume and cover letter to the Director, Sally Rosario, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close on Monday 19th June 2017
Upper Mt Gravatt Kindergarten
Early Childhood Teachers
Upper Mt Gravatt Kindergarten is Community not for profit Kindergarten located in a magical place down Carson Lane next to Mt Gravatt Park.
We are seeking energetic and committed Early Childhood Teachers for regular relief work at the Kindergarten.
Suitable applicants should be committed to providing high quality care and education and be willing to work as part of a team.
As the positions are for relief work only, all suitable candidates must be interested in providing long term relief work to ensure consistency.
Excellent communication skills are essential with a minimum of 2 years full-time experience working in the field is essential.
All expressions of interest to be emailed to the Director (Sonia Nikolic) at email@example.com along with a copy of your resume.
Upper Mt Gravatt Kindergarten
Experienced Group Leaders and Assistants
Upper Mt Gravatt Kindergarten is nestled in a private location amongst lush parklands.
We are looking for experienced and qualified Group Leaders and Assistants for relief work, and ongoing inclusive support.
Please email the Director Sonia Nikolic on firstname.lastname@example.org with your expression of interest.
Experience working with children from 3 – 5 years of age and with children who have additional needs is required.
Lead Educators (min Diploma Qualified) (Lady Gowrie Child Centres)
We are seeking skilled and motivated Lead Educators to deliver our early childhood education and care programs for children from birth to 5 years. Key duties relate to the design, implementation and evaluation of these programs. Full-time (38 hours per week) and part-time positions are available. The Gowrie is a family-friendly employer, and seeks to support staff to maintain work and family life balance. Preference will be given to applicants who hold a Diploma of Children’s Services or equivalent qualification. However, consideration will also be given to applicants who are well progressed in their study toward such a qualification and demonstrate commitment to completing this study. These positions come under the Child Care Industry Award 2010. Valuing the important role of staff, the Gowrie offers above award rates. The Gowrie also prides itself on the provision of quality services, offers paid programming time, and supports staff with a range of professional development opportunities. Join the dynamic team at The Gowrie and enhance your career opportunities. Submit applications via email email@example.com, or PO Box 304, Spring Hill Qld 4000.