Outside Hours Care (OHC) Educator
Bardon Community Kindy
We are seeking a Certificate III in Children Services (or equivalent) Outside Hours Care Educator to work in our Outside Hours Care Program. You will be part of a dedicated and motivated team.
OHC Program Hours
This appointment will be on a casual basis. We envisage the successful candidate will start early March with a minimum of 10 hours per week which will include early mornings and afternoons starting at 2.30pm.
Our Centre closes for school holidays and 6 weeks over the Christmas period.
- Minimum Certificate III in Children Services (or equivalent)
- Current First Aid, CPR, Anaphylaxis & Asthma
- Blue Card (P)
How to Apply
If you have any questions regarding this position, we would love to hear from you. If you are interested in this position, please email a cover letter and Resume attention to Matt McCartney (Director) – mailto:email@example.com as soon as possible.
Part Time / Inclusive Support Assistant
Ipswich Kindergarten is affiliated with Lady Gowrie, and has been providing quality early childhood education to the Ipswich community for more than 80 years. It is a non-for-profit community based kindergarten, set in the beautiful natural surroundings of Queens Park.
We are presently seeking an Inclusion Support Assistant to join our highly experienced team for 2018. This is a part time position working 5 days per fortnight (Thursday, Friday and alternate Wednesday, school terms) on a contract, commencing February 2018 until December 2018.
The ideal applicant will have:
- A minimum qualification of Certificate III in Children’s Services
- A current Blue card
- Current First Aid/CPR including Asthma and Anaphylaxis training
- Previous experience in a similar role.
To apply please forward your resume and cover letter to the Director at firstname.lastname@example.org, before 5:00pm Tuesday 23rd of January 2018.
Director/Teacher (Nominated Supervisor)
Full Time Permanent Position – Start Term 2 2018
St Thomas’s Riverview Kindergarten St Lucia
An opening now exists for a dedicated Early Childhood professional to join the kindergarten as the Director and Teacher (Nominated Supervisor), in a full time permanent position.
St Thomas’s Riverview Kindergarten is a non-profit organisation that has been part of the St Lucia community since 1968. It is affiliated with Lady Gowrie (QLD) and offers an approved Kindergarten program for children aged 4 years to school age. St Thomas’s is a single unit kindergarten that offers a 5 day fortnight program for 2 groups. It has a well-earned reputation for providing a welcoming, inclusive and stimulating environment for the children and their families.
We are seeking a motivated, highly organised and experienced Director/Teacher (Nominated Supervisor) who is eager to take on the exciting challenge of leading the kindergarten program and organisation. This position requires the applicant to perform a combined role of Director (Nominated Supervisor) and Teacher/Educational Leader. The successful applicant will be proficient at balancing the educational roles with that of business management and improvement.
Applicants need to hold a Bachelor of Education (Early Childhood), current Qld Teachers Registration, hold a positive Notice Blue Card/Exemption Card, current first aid and resuscitation certificates (Including certification in emergency Asthma and Anaphylaxis Management). Additional qualifications/training in the areas of management/office/financial/digital skills would be an advantage.
The ideal applicant will have experience in a similar or leadership role, ideally with a Community Kindergarten. Experience working with children and families with English as a Second Language (ESL) would be a significant advantage. Experience working in and managing an environment that supports additional needs students also an advantage.
Benefits of this opportunity at St Thomas’s Kindergarten include:
- The role is supported by long-serving staff that are committed to St Thomas’s Kindergarten
- The Kindergarten operates on the same schedule as school
- The Kindergarten is located in a picturesque location by the river
Key Selection Criteria:
- Demonstrated leadership capability in an Educational Leader/Teacher role – providing vison, strategic direction and planning for the kindergarten program according to the Queensland Kindergarten Learning Guideline and Early Years Learning Framework and play based program for children
- Demonstrated leadership capability in a Director and Nominated Supervisor role – must be able to work with committee to ensure cost effective service provision and the best investment of available resources
- Experience with language and cultural differences and knowledge of inclusive techniques and methods to ensure inclusive communication and management methods
- Demonstrated excellent communication skills with a high-level ability to build and maintain effective relationships with management, staff/volunteers and ESL families
- High level written communication skills; emails to families/community, plans, management reports, social media news, newsletters (considering ESL families), grant funding submissions
- Highly developed time management, organisational and prioritising skills
- Demonstrated digital literacy across software and equipment; including but not limited to: email, social media, office software, accounting software and internet sites/programs and associated technology
- Experience managing budgets and basic financial management
If you have further questions please contact: Gloria Sherlock – Committee President, St Thomas’s Riverview Kindergarten, St Lucia. Phone: 0433015438
To apply for this opportunity, please email your resume and a cover letter addressing the key selection criteria to email@example.com . Important: please ensure “Director/Teacher/Nominated Supervisor” is in the email subject heading.
Wages and conditions will be subject to Award Conditions.
Applications close: Sunday 4th February 2018
Part Time Vacancy / Teacher
Bulimba Community Kindergarten
Bulimba Community Kindergarten is a community based not-for-profit organisation that is affiliated with Lady Gowrie (Qld). We are a two (2) unit Kindy that provides an approved Kindergarten program to 88 children each week via both a 5 day fortnight program and a longer 4 day fortnight program. The Kindy has been part of the Bulimba community since 1942 and has a well-earned reputation for providing a welcome, inclusive and stimulating environment for the children and their families.
Bulimba Community Kindergarten is seeking a highly motivated, organised and experienced Early Childhood Teacher. This is a part-time (5 day fortnight) position working every Thursday and Friday and alternate Wednesdays commencing at the start of term 1, 2018. The remuneration package will be in accordance with the Bulimba Kindergarten’s Early Childhood Agreement. The ideal applicant will possess:
- Bachelor of Education (Early Childhood)
- Current Teachers Registration
- Positive Notice Blue Card/Exemption Card
- Current First Aid, CPR, Asthma & Anaphylaxis certificates
- Previous experience in a teaching role in an early childhood environment
- Knowledge of National Quality Framework and Standards and the Early Years Learning Framework
- Prior experience developing and maintaining open and collaborative relationships with families and the community
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- A good level of computer literacy
To apply please email your resume and a covering letter to the attention of the Kindy Co-Directors at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 07 3399 2360 with any questions.
Applications close Wednesday, 20 December 2017.
Hillsdon Kindergarten, Taringa
Early Childhood Teacher: Thursday, Friday and Alternate Wednesday
End of the week, 5-day fortnight group
Position: 5-day Fortnight permanent part time
Commencing: Term 1 2018
Hillsdon Kindergarten has been providing high quality and enriching early childhood education for more than 50 years.
We are seeking a qualified and experienced Kindergarten / Early Childhood Teacher for a 5-day per fortnight permanent part-time position (Thursday, Friday and alternate Wednesday). The position will commence Term 1 2018. The days of work will be Thursday and Friday one week, and Wednesday, Thursday and Friday the next.
You will work closely with an Assistant and will also be supported by the Educational Leader. Hillsdon Kindergarten provides an excellent working environment with many long term staff.
As an Early Childhood Teacher at Hillsdon you will:
- Provide a high quality, inclusive early childhood educational program based on the Early Years Learning Framework (EYLF) and Queensland Kindergarten Learning Guideline (QKLG) and support positive outcomes for each child.
- Provide a welcoming environment and form trusting relationships with children, families and staff.
- Have excellent written and verbal communication / presentation skills.
- Be competent in creating documentation in Word and PowerPoint using Macs.
- Bachelor Degree in Early Childhood or equivalent (as recognised by ACECQA).
- Current Blue Card (or eligibility to obtain one) or Blue Card Exemption
- Up to date First Aid, CPR, Asthma and Anaphylaxis Certificates.
To apply, please email your cover letter and CV addressing the position requirements to email@example.com by 5pm Monday 18th December, with interviews to be held on Thursday 21st December 2017. If you are short-listed, you will be asked to submit samples of your work including a 1-week sample curriculum planning document and sample learning stories.
For further information phone 07 3870 7861 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Theodore Early Childhood Centre
- Permanent part-time (approx. 21 hrs/wk)
- Term 1 January 2018 start
Theodore Early Child Care Centre is a combined Limited Hours Day Care Centre and Lady Gowrie Kindergarten operating on the banks of the Dawson River in the beautiful town of Theodore. With newly renovated facilities and a large, natural outdoor space with further plans for renovations the Kindergarten operates 2 days/week (Mon-Tues 830am-4pm) and caters for up to 20 children.
After 2 years with TECCA the current Kindergarten Teacher is moving on and as a result the centre is seeking a replacement.
Reporting to the Service Manager/Nominated Supervisor of the Centre the Kindergarten Teacher has overarching responsibility for the delivery and planning of the Kindergarten Program. A typical week involves approx. 16 hours of contact time with the children and 5 hours planning/administration. Working with an Educator a typical day would include teaching/instruction, child supervision, planning and conducting activities, maintain meaningful portfolios for each child, projects and excursions, establishing and maintaining routines, implementing policies and procedures. Administration includes reporting, lesson planning and preparation, stakeholder engagement and collaboration, meeting attendance and training. The Kindy teacher is also responsible for building strong, trusting relationships with the children, families and staff, continuous quality improvement and workplace health and safety.
This position represents an opportunity to take the current program and grow it to leading edge standards. Offering multiple layers of support from the Committee, the Service Manager/Nominated Supervisor, the staff and the Community they look forward to welcoming a new member to the team.
If you have a Bachelor in Early Childhood or equivalent, extensive knowledge of EYLF, QKLG and NKF, previous childcare experience would be an asset but not essential, highly developed written and verbal communication/presentation skills, an ability to self-manage and meet deadlines, demonstrated initiative and competent IT skills we would like to hear from you. You will also be required to have First Aid/CPR, Anaphylaxis & Asthma training and a Blue card/exemption or be able to obtain one.
For the right applicant we are happy discuss other inclusions including travel and accommodation expenses.
Jane Conway, President, Theodore Early Childhood Centre on 0413 057 286 or email@example.com
Nat Goodland, Vice President, Theodore Early Childhood Centre on 0408 260 795 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Outside Hours Care (OHC) Coordinator
Alderley Kindergarten Assoc. Inc.
We are seeking a Diploma of Children Services qualified Outside Hours Care Coordinator to work in our Outside Hours Care Program. You will be part of a dedicated team and work across a 5 day fortnight. You will also be responsible for OHC/Vacation Care Programming and documentation.
OHC Program Hours
Your hours will include Before Hours Care from 7.00am to 9.00am and After Hours Care from 2.00pm to 6.00pm. You will also be required to work across our Vacation Care Program from 8.00am – 5.30pm during April, June/July & September school holiday periods. Our Centre closes for 6 weeks over the Christmas period. This position will be permanent part-time after an initial 3 month probationary period. We envisage that the successful candidate will commence week beginning 15th January, 2018 with training to occur in November/Dec 2017.
Ideally you will have an understanding of the Early Years Learning Framework (EYLF), and knowledge and understanding of the National Quality Framework, in particular the National Quality Standards will be highly regarded. Sound working knowledge of Microsoft Office, outlook and Internet skills will be highly regarded.
- Diploma of Children Services (or equivalent)
- Current First Aid, CPR
- Blue Card (P)
How to Apply
We would love to hear from you. Please email a cover letter and Resume attention to Shirley McAvoy – email@example.com as soon as possible.
Eidsvold Community Kindergarten
Are you keen to help a great rural community deliver excellent Early Education to our Children? Looking for a tree-change? An exciting opportunity exists for a suitably qualified and highly motivated person to work within the Eidsvold Community Kindergarten.
About our Kindergarten
Eidsvold Kindergarten is a not for profit incorporated community kindergarten located in a spacious and beautiful natural setting. The Kindergarten is affiliated with Lady Gowrie Community Kindergartens and managed by a dedicated team of local community members. We run a 15 hour Kindergarten program over two days each week. Our staff and community are committed to providing a safe, caring, supportive early educational experience of the highest quality for our local children.
The opportunity is for an experienced and highly motivated Early Childhood Teacher to take on the role of Teacher/Director, beginning in Term 4 2017. The position is 36 hours per fortnight working every Tuesday and Wednesday, offering plenty of free time to explore our beautiful area, study or undertake other employment. This role may suit a recent graduate seeking a unique experience, with professional mentoring and networking opportunities available.
Position Responsibilities include:
- Plan and implement a high quality early educational program for 3 to 5 year olds based upon the Queensland Kindergarten Learning Guidelines, the Early Years Learning Framework and the National Quality Standards.
- Develop meaningful and effective relationships with parents/caregivers, colleagues, committee members and the wider community.
- Take responsibility for all matters relating to the administration, policies and procedures of the Centre.
- Maintain a written program and child portfolios.
- Actively participate in meetings, professional development and centre events.
- Attend monthly committee meetings, provide a written report and liaise with and support the Committee of Management of the Kindergarten.
- Provide educational leadership and work cooperatively in a team environment.
Ideal Candidates will hold:
- Bachelor of Education (Early Childhood) or equivalent Early Childhood qualification.
- Recent teaching experience in an Early Childhood setting with demonstrated ability to plan and implement a high quality child-centred program (can include placement experience).
- Registration with the Queensland College of Teachers.
- Senior First Aid Certificate and CPR (including management of anaphylaxis, management of asthma and automated external defibrillation).
- Current Blue Suitability Card or Exemption Card for Teachers.
If you are interested in applying for this position or require further information, please contact us via email on firstname.lastname@example.org or phone Jessie McNeale on 0422103612. Applications should include a CV and cover letter outlining your suitability for the position as described.
Lead Educator – Brisbane City Services
Lady Gowrie Qld
Positions available to commence now.
Have you experienced the difference of working in a community-based not for-profit early childhood education and care service?
The Gowrie Queensland is a leader in ECEC, sponsoring a diverse range of early childhood education and care services. This includes nine child centres with embedded kindergarten programs, sessional kindergartens, family day care schemes and an integrated child and family support service.
We are seeking talented and motivated Lead Educators with Diploma Qualification to join our child centre teams based in Brisbane.
We have 2 x full time positions available at our Fortitude valley based services.
The Full time positions (40 Hours per week) are available for start immediately.
Key duties relate to the provision of high quality early childhood education and care. This includes: designing and implementing quality curricula; working in partnership with children and families; and working as a member of a dynamic team.
Applicants need to hold a minimum 1 or 2 years qualification in Early Childhood.
Benefits of working for The Gowrie include: above award rates; a family-friendly work environment; and access to a range of professional development opportunities.
Join the dynamic team at The Gowrie and enhance your career opportunities.
Please email resumes attention to Katy de Vries at HR@ladygowrie.com.au or telephone (07) 32522667 for further information.
Lady Gowrie Blackall Early Years Service
Lady Gowrie are proud to be a part of the Blackall community and are currently seeking dedicated, passionate, qualified Early Childhood Professional to undertake a Full Time Lead Educator role at the Blackall Early Years Service.
The position is available to commence immediately. The role will require you to provide a quality educational program for the children and families in supporting positive outcomes for each individual child.
The successful applicant will hold a minimum Certificate III in Children’s Services, a Dilpoma in Children’s Services or studying towards.
Please email resumes to:
HR@ladygowrie.com.au or Ph: (07) 3252 2667 for further information
Part Time Kindergarten Teacher
Lady Gowrie Barcaldine Early Years Service
Lady Gowrie are proud to be a part of the Barcaldine community and are currently seeking a dedicated, passionate, and qualified Early Childhood Professional to undertake the part time Kindergarten Teacher position at the Barcaldine Early Years Service.
The position will commence is available to commence immediately.
The role will require you to provide a quality educational program for the children and families in supporting positive outcomes for each individual child.
The successful applicant will hold relevant qualifications in early childhood positive notice blue card and current CPR and First Aid certificates.
Please email resumes to:
HR@ladygowrie.com.au or Ph: (07) 3252 2667 for further information
Lead Educators (min Diploma Qualified) (Lady Gowrie Child Centres)
We are seeking skilled and motivated Lead Educators to deliver our early childhood education and care programs for children from birth to 5 years. Key duties relate to the design, implementation and evaluation of these programs. Full-time (38 hours per week) and part-time positions are available. The Gowrie is a family-friendly employer, and seeks to support staff to maintain work and family life balance. Preference will be given to applicants who hold a Diploma of Children’s Services or equivalent qualification. However, consideration will also be given to applicants who are well progressed in their study toward such a qualification and demonstrate commitment to completing this study. These positions come under the Child Care Industry Award 2010. Valuing the important role of staff, the Gowrie offers above award rates. The Gowrie also prides itself on the provision of quality services, offers paid programming time, and supports staff with a range of professional development opportunities. Join the dynamic team at The Gowrie and enhance your career opportunities. Submit applications via email email@example.com, or PO Box 304, Spring Hill Qld 4000.